Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 06:27
Leeloo Wannabe

Plan: Maint./Low GI (good carb)
Stats: 143/135/135 Female 5'8"
BF:25.6%/21.9%/>20%
Progress: 100%
Default Where do Canadians buy their LC foods?

To all the other Canadians out there...where do you purchase your LC products? Do you use any online stores that deliver to Canada at a reasonable price (especially given our crappy exchange rate to the USD)?

Thanks!

Lily
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 10:07

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I am in BC and hop over the border to Blaine, Bellngham and Lynden, WA quite frequently. Our exchange rate with the USD right now is fabulous!

$1 US = $1.3837 CAD at the moment, the best it has been in YEARS. (Was around 1.50 + a few months ago).

HTH
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 10:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/???/120 Female 5' 3
BF:way/too/much!!
Progress: 0%

I'm in BC and have a nutrition store here that sells them. The Atkins stuff is very expensive, but I don't have the time to wait for stuff to come from online nor go to the States to shop. Also, GNC has a lot of things, but they are VERY expensive!

I bought some Carbolite stuff there yesterday, but have yet to try it. The wrappers claim that there are 0 g carbs. Maybe too good to be true?

Last edited by harleydee : Thu, Aug-14-03 at 10:26.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 14:17
Leeloo Wannabe

Thanks! Good point about the exchange rate being better than it used to be right now. Still, with the shipping from US websites and having that extra exchange on already fairly expensive products definitely adds up. I've ordered stuff from a store in Vancouver which has been super...just not finding too much locally.

Thanks for the input!
Lily
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 19:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilygirl
Thanks! Good point about the exchange rate being better than it used to be right now. Still, with the shipping from US websites and having that extra exchange on already fairly expensive products definitely adds up. I've ordered stuff from a store in Vancouver which has been super...just not finding too much locally.

Thanks for the input!
Lily

Maybe we could help more if we knew where locally was?
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 22:19
Leeloo Wannabe

Default Calgary

Hi Island Girl! Sorry, I'm in Calgary. We have a Diabetic Depot which is great, but geared obviously more for diabetics so some of the products happen to be LC by default, but a lot of it is still high carb. There are so many more products I have heard about that I'd love to try and seem to only be able to find them through US websites and UGH...I can't keep spending at this rate!! LOL!

My husband and I go to Vancouver a few times a year so next time we're planning on taking an extra empty suitcase and going nuts in the Low Carb Wellness Centre! I've ordered from them already and was very satisfied and have spoken to one of the guys working there and he walked around the store with his headset on and told me about all the great things they have. I'M JEALOUS WE DON'T HAVE ONE HERE!

So, I'm not averse to ordering online but I'd like to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my buck as I can.

Thanks for the help!
Lily
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 01:27

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 244/227.3/189 Female 6'0"
BF:51%/??/30%
Progress: 30%

What about CostCo? I remember when I lived in Canada, it was a favourite place for my LC stuff. They have the yummiest Whey Protein Isolate - for about $30 for the large jar. I've heard others say they've bought "bars" there also.