Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 21:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins?
Stats: 198/198/170
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Starting Over Again!

Well I am going to start my low carb way of eating again, because I failed, yet again! I was doing great during the days. In the morning I would make eggs with cheese, and have sausage. I would drink half decalf coffee, half caninated. I plan in giving up the caffine. I was also eating steak for dinner. But at the end of the night I would start crawling the salle for carbs! It got really bad! I felt like I had carboard in my mouth! As a result I would end up eating two to three bowls of cerial! A big no no, I know! Then I threw in the towal and started eating ice cream and every carb that came my way.

I just weighted myself. I am almost 200 pounds. I am 5 11, and that is way too much for me. I don't fit into my good clothes anymore. I have a job interview tomorrow, and I dread having to wear them. I'm not even going to wear a tie, because I feel like I will choke. I see this all as sabotoging behanior in my life

I am going to start keeping a jourlan here. I have to! I really want to lose at least 25 pounds. If I don't I will hate myself. I reallly hope I can do this.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 21:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/225/190
BF:
Progress: 22%

Don't worry about falling off the wagon. It happens to everyone at one time or another. I found that drinking water helps alot. I drink 4-6 quarts a day. The important thing is that you are getting back on track so don't beat yourself up so much. Good luck on the job interview
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 22:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins?
Stats: 198/198/170
BF:

Hi cptkirk
Thanks for the encouragement. I really want to lose at least 25 pounds! I feel SO DISGUSTING!!SO DISGUSTING!! SO DISGUSTING!! SO DISGUSTING!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 09:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/130
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default You're not disgusting!

It makes me so sad to see people getting down on themselves. Everyone slips, everyone fails, the most important thing is, are you someone who tries again? The answer, obviously, is YES! This is such a huge step, one that most people never make, so just check in here regularly for support and encouragement.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 11:19

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 202/202/180 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:41%/38%/30%(?)

i just want to say that i am in the same boat. i am restarting today! i was doing great when i first started. no cheating or anything. then i stopped for about 2 months and gained most of my weight back. so here i am again and ready this time. i hope that i can do it. i am also back online and will be able to check in daily. this place is great! good luck to you!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 20:29
Registered Member

Stats: 235/225/190
BF:
Progress: 22%

I "quit" smoking about 20 times. For some reason I always started back. Last July I quit again and this time it stuck. Some times you have to restart several times before everything clicks. I hope that you stick with it until it "clicks" because it will one day.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 12:39
SanePsychoSuprGodess

Stats: 205/191/115 Female 5' 1"
BF:46%/41%/20%
Progress: 16%
Default Read a book...

Since you have a "?" after Atkins for your program ...I would guess that you haven't read the book. If that's true, please get a copy (I got mine in paperback for $7 at Borders) Then, read it thoroughly. Until then go to atkinscenter.com -- all the information is there.

I think you'll have an easier time with carbo cravings if you follow the instructions for the diet as Dr. A. designed them. From your description, it sounds like you are not eating any vegetables at all. Vegetables add healthy carbs and add variety to your meals. You do need some carbs.

If you are craving something sweet when you find yourself craving carbs, there are lots of low carb options - like SF jello with whipped cream or Italian sodas. I even made myself a crust-less, Splenda pumpkin pie that fits the plan and allowed me to get a sweet at the same time I got a serving of vegetables.

Above all -- don't be so hard on yourself. You CAN do this and having a positive attitude will make it much easier. And believe me, we all have those frustrating feelings from time to time. Best wishes for a great re-start!

Last edited by GrlyGrl : Tue, May-20-03 at 12:42.