Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 22:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/128/110 Female 5'1.5"
BF:Yes
Progress: 56%
Angry cheated without wanting to

I was soooo proud of myself this weekend because I had A LOT of temptations around me and I did pretty well except for tonight!!! I went to a dinner meeting through my company and they had nothing but carbs!!!! I was starving and also did not want to be rude. I did the best that I could but I still cheated a little. They had breaded fish and shrimp so I tried to peel off the breading without making too much of a mess, they had rice, potatoes, salad, veggies in cream and all the no-no's such as bread and desserts. I tried to load up on the salad but I ate a few bites of potatoes (I felt soooo guilty the ENTIRE time) then when I passed the dessert table I just said aw, forget it, I cheated already might as well be really bad and I ate a brownie cheesecake.....now I feel horrible about myself again! I will be back on the wagon again tomorrow. I just find it so difficult most weekends with all the temptations around!!! How do you guys make it in situations like this?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 22:46

Plan: starting over.. again
Stats: 194/173/150 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default don't beat yourself up

i cheated last week... i ate cheesecake and i was perfect for 2 weeks on induction. i decided not to hurt myself more by making myself bad... i got home and exercised extra and got back on track the next day. i am new to this so i haven't figured out how to get around social situations other than avoid them, but i imagine u need to bring your own stuff to eat. i had a similar situation with chinese food at a company dinner. i ate the vegetable and beef and chicken...stayed away from any of the sweet sauces and no rice. it satisfied me and i didn't really crave the rice and fried stuff.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 23:00

I think next time I am not going to go to a work function on an empty stomach. I think if I was semi-full already I would not have even wanted to take a few bite fulls of the no-no's. I really do not crave carbs, they are just around me often during the weekends it makes it hard to be good.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 01:43

Stats: 169/154.5/147
BF:26/23.7/21
Progress: 66%

Dinner parties are difficult. I had one last night and yep, I was the hostess. We served roast pork, gravy, broccoli with cheese and mushrooms, 12 grain bread, spinach salad, baked brown beans and of course.....mashed potatoes.

Because I was the hostess I knew the menu and knew the choices that I would make that wouldn't effect my WOE. YES, one guest was stunned I didn't take potatoes and even probed me on it.

We also had two decadent cake desserts. I served them post dinner in a casual way where I laid them out in the living room for those interested to help themselves. I didn't help myself and since a couple others didn't also, I didn't feel conspicuous.

#5   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 01:58

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

I eat enough to seem polite and then the next day I do a day on Stillmans (meat, fish, eggs only) to burn up the extra carbs and flush out the retained water.

Works for me.
Robert
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 02:46
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Well

That weekend/days off thing is most of the reason I decided to switch to CAD...I was cheating once every weekend and felt a loss of control...I lose more slowly on CAD but I also am able to eat some of those things not allowed on Atkins without breaking plan.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 06:35

Thanks for the advice. Today I am just going to flush myself with water and try to do some more yoga. I feel all bloated and yucky today. Why do I always feel so horrible after a cheat! Yucky. It is so not worth it!!!