Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 11:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/195/135 Female 5'1
BF:Blubber
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Brace yourself.....

Im ashamed.......But, you knew it was coming because I cant do anything right =(

I went away on APril 25th, and took a road trip to NY......
I brought a bag full of nuts, LC treats, and lots of water, and thank god I made it the whole 2000 miles without a carb!
I got to my boyfriend's mom's house where I knew I had the LC goody's she said she bought for me waiting, and when I got there I had some lovley cold cuts! And still I was proud....She had bought Doritos, cookies, and fresh coirssants, to boot, for my boyfriend I guess. But I stuck to it.......She cooked meals, like pork chops, (no breading), chicken, and other things perfect for me......But, as the days went on, I had some chips here and there, then a cookie, then I broke down and made myself a sandwhich, and then it pretty much went downhill from there....
And of course, what would New York be without having some pizza too

THen from his moms house we went and stayed with some friends....Oh, its time for dinner, lets order from the diner.......yummm diner.......so long story short I had chicken fingers and fries, and a salad =p The drive back wasnt too bad, except for the fact his mom bought us some groceries to take home, like tons of pasta, graham crackers, crackers, and chips =/
So we snacked on that the whole way home. But I said to myself , ok I was on vacation whatever, yeah I know, always an excuse.

We got home on the fourth of May and I said ok its time to go back.....I got on the scale when I got home and I was still 235, and I was surprised, it had not changed.......On the 5th I went grocery shopping and ended up buying crap =/ SO I said OK one more week and then I will start over......So low and behold here we are on the following wednesday and I have officially started again.......

I feel so bad that I let myself slip, although I immensly enjoyed the crap that I chowed on these passed 2 weeks......But, when I got on the scale for my starting weight today, bam 242........and that felt pretty darn bad.......

I went to the store, and bought all I needed to buy, and pretty much shoveled all the carbs outta the house. After eating crap, it was so easy and I so missed it, that It would be ever so easy to keep eating regular stuff, but I know that even though it tastes yummy and stuff, that I will feel even more satisfied when I can look in the mirrior and see the image that I want too.......

So there it is.......I am ready for everyone to bonk me and please do becuase I deserve it =( I have been a very bad girl
I am ready to do this for real now, no more BS........and I want to do it right! No more processed crap etc..... I have mapped it out pretty well I think.......

Breakfasts: eggs, cheese, turkey sausage or soy bacon
Lunch: COld cuts, tuna, egg salad, or Salad
Dinner: Meat (of some type) and Veggies.
Snacks: Sf Jello occasionally, a few nuts here and there, but i am going to try not to snack.
Drinks: Diet Rite, Water, Seltzer

And thats all I am sticking too.......I am ready baby BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!

Well, thats all for now =) Just wanted to let you all know whats going on and apologize, for Dr. Atkins is prolly rolling over in his grave because of my horrible carb fest I hope everyone is doing better than I am and losing losing losing! For all of those newbies who have joined while I was away.....Welcome! And keep it up!!!

Ok, beat me up now......
Sponsored Links