Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 20:20
aznlily68

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default I dont eat breakfast! what to do??

I know i'm supposed to eat breakfast and everything but i have ABSOLUTELY NO TIME in the morning. Thus, the first thing i eat all day is lunch at 12:00. My lunch is always a low carb bar and maybe some nuts and chocolate a few hours later.
I have to wake up early for school and I'm usually late and even if I'm not, I'm tired. If i try to make something or heat something up, i end up waking up my parents and they get all grouchy about it. I really don't want to eat a bar in the morning and i don't have any of those low carb cereals.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 20:24

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

I do best with quick breakfast when I have things prepared ahead of time. Think quiche! You can pop em in the microwave or eat cold. I also like to pop hard boiled eggs. Bacon in the microwave's not bad either.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 20:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Get stuff ready at night,

a few boiled eggs

cheese on zuchinni slices or cucumber slices.

cream cheese in celery sticks,

Pepperoni sticks and cheese

Anything, but please. eat something for breakfast and you've been advised about the the bars already.

Once your not in induction anymore you can have plain full fat yogurt with strawberries, or cottage cheese with a bit of s/f jam, Peanut butter ( natural kind, Adams Brand is a good one.) have it on celery or zucchinni rounds.

Kathy
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 08:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default School and diet

You will do WORSE in school and WORSE on this weight loss if you do not eat first thing in the morning.
Get your parents to buy you the Atkins shake mix or cans if you can.
If not, do you have a microwave?
If you do then scramble eggs and put them in there and eat them and drink your water in the morning. Or cook up the eggs the night before with some bacon and heat them up when you wake up in a toaster oven or pan if you have so little time. My little brother started cooking his own eggs in the morning at the age of 10.
You MUST eat breakfast it is what gets your brain and your body burning !
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 08:30

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know
Progress: 29%

Hi there aznlily68

Fellow Brooklynite here! I also lost a lot of weight a few years ago doing Low-Carb. Works really well, huh?

I notice that you are going on 15, right? If you are anything like I was, you might still be growing right now. Make sure you eat breakfast! Maybe you can have the bar in the morning and something more substantial for lunch, if breakfast is so tough for you to have. I wouldn't say to avoid them, because at your weight, you don't need to be on induction. According to the book, you should be on Ongoing Weight Loss instead.

Be careful, though. You don't want to get stuck in a cycle of dieting. 115 lbs. might be low enough to set yourself up to gain, and then you might find yourself constantly dieting to stay around that number. Nothing really wrong with 125, but how about 120?

Best of luck! Take care of yourself.

Have you seen all the gorgeous blossoms in Prospect Park this year?
- Orza
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 08:49

Plan: MOP
Stats: 169/159/135
BF:45%/42%/ 35%

I second all of the above. Plan ahead and eat breakfast of some kind but not bars. That's almost as bad as starting the day with a Snickers bar and a Coke. Eat real food but eat. Remember, don't go more than 6 hours without food. It messes up your metabolism.
Since you said your Mom will get you whatever you want, have her get you some LC cereal and eat it with soy milk.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 09:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Great suggestions here. I have one more. Have you done research to be absolutely certain what the healthiest weight for you is? You'll end up damaging not only your body, but your metabolism if you try to force your body to be thinner than what is a healthy balance. 115 pounds at 5'6" seems extreme. Most folks at 5'7" or 5'6" have a goal of around 135-145.

I know you're young, and so may go thinner; but don't forget that the wise thing is to put your HEALTH first, not looks. Don't cave to the peer pressure of magazines!!!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 09:19

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know

115 lbs. at 5'6 seems extreme, yes, but I think that it might be helpful for Diana to determine her frame size. If it is very small, like mine, then 120 might not be too thin. I, for one, am in double chin territory at anything close to 140! But then...my hands are the same size as my 5'0 sister!

I'm most concerned that Diana is trying to lower her weight too much while she might still be growing in height. I grew until I was over 17, and if I'd been restricting my calories too much, I might have stunted my growth.