Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 00:43

Plan: Atkins.. somewhat
Stats: 286/268/160 Female 5'5"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 14%
Default How about Water Aerobics?

Does anyone do water aerobics and have good success? I have herniated discs in my back and bad knees.. so i definately need low impact. Been considering doing water aerobics at least til i lose some of this weight then incorporating other forms of exercising into it.. would also like to do weights in conjunction with the water aerobics... any suggestions or comments?

tracy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 12:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/177/135 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

They have a class at the Y that I have been thinking of taking...I hope someone can give us an answer?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 12:28

Plan: Atkins.. somewhat
Stats: 286/268/160 Female 5'5"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 14%

hi glo

Thats exactly where i was thinking about doing them.. I want to get started on them soon. Do you have physical limitations? i know not all ppl wanting to do water aerobics do..... some do it simply because its fun and good exercise. But if ya do, Id like to know what other forms of exercise ya do?

ty
tracy
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 12:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/180/165
BF:
Progress: 25%

It's not the same thing but when I'm injured I use an Aquajogger to run in water. It never seems like I'm doing much but after an hour of water running I feel it when I get out of the pool.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 21:22

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

I'm a water aerobics instructor. I have had many students who have lost a significant amt of weight. The key is to put a lot of effort into it. A lot of people just use the time to socialize instead if trying to get a good workout. I got interested in water aerobics when I was having knee problems myself. Other exercises you might try that are not stressful on the joints are pilates and yoga.

Jen