Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 11:23

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Question Is this board about Aktins?

I thought this was the Atkins diet forum and information is to pertain to that and no other diet.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 11:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/197/170 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Are you just asking, or has something set you off?

If you're asking, then, yes, this is indeed an Atkins forum.

~Angi~
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 11:39

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 53%

No, just verifying. Wanted to make sure that when people give advice, they are 'quoting' from Atkins and no other low carb sources. And if they do use other reference sources, it's great when they note where the information comes from.

Thanks.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 11:44

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

This board as a whole is actually general low carb. There are different sections for different plans. You have posted, however, in the Atkins section. The info in here should relate only to Atkins.

However, sometimes people have valuable info from other low-carb schools of thought. It's interesting to learn about other plans and possibly integrate some of their ideas.

Hope that helps.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 11:48

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

I think this probably has to do with a post where someone said they got their induction list from another low carb book that is unrelated to Atkins.

I figure 99% of the stuff posted here is related directly to Atkins and DANDR and as far as the other 1%, I take what I can use and leave the rest. After all, usually the poster states the source of their information and if they don't and I'm curious...I just ask.

L
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 13:22

Stats: 249/197/170 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I was just checking because I though maybe someone was posting something else.

I've been here for about a week and I've gotten great advice and everything that I've read has been related to Atkins in some way or another. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

~Angi~
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 14:59

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

This particular subforum is for questions specific to the Atkins plan, but you'll find that many people who post responses, while familiar with the Atkins plan, may not necessarily be following Atkins and will bring their own perspectives and experiences to their replies.
There are several low carb plans and they all have their different perspectives and good information on low carb in general which is why I will often encourage people to read books from other low carb plans. You never know when you will read something in a book for another low carb plan that sheds light on something that you may be experiencing on the plan that you are currently following. I firmly belive that no one plan has "all" the answers.
Definitely follow the plan that you are on as written until you are comfortable with it and low carb principles in general, but it never hurts to learn about other plans and perhaps down the road a bit incorporate principles from those into your low carb lifestyle as well.