Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 15:05

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 222/206/135
BF:
Progress: 18%
Talking New member

Hi.

I am a Native American who met my husband in an unusual way. We married and I moved to Sweden almost 4 years ago.

I used to be thin and athletic as a child. Even when I gave birth, my body always would 'spring back'-- until I had my first c-section. Then I met and married my husband, moved to Sweden and the change in diet, lack of exercise, and emotional (mostly homesick) eating ballooned my 4'10 body to 230 lbs.

I read about Atkins and CAD in Jan of 2001 (never heard of the diets before-- wish I had!) and decided to start right away. I lost 20+ lbs. the first month and then my weightloss stalled...because I was pregnant. Something that my husband and I dreamed of but had given up on because of many physical problems (mostly hormonal) I was experiencing.

Already being morbidly overweight and (as the doctor described me) an 'advanced maternal age', I decided to stay on the WOE, not to lose weight, but to keep from developing GD, to stabilize my blood pressure and sugar and not to gain too much. It worked; everything stayed at normal levels and I only gained 20 lbs. during the pregnancy (which I lost by the time she was 2 mos. old).

I gained the 20 back while nursing. Our little Danibear (Danielle) is now 8 mos old and weaned (I cannot nurse her anymore, due to stress). So I started back on CAD this time (as a beginning) and have lost my first 2.5 lbs this week.

Can't wait to meet everyone! (I still have 80-90 lbs. I want to lose, but at least I am now under 100 kilos [220 lbs])
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 15:12

Plan: mix of Schwarzbein & PP;
Stats: 250/213/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Don't know!
Progress: 31%

Hello,

You have found the right place for plenty of support and there are many wise and experienced people here to answer all your questions and give you great feedback!

Natalie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sunwelcome.jpg (17.9 KB, 11 views)
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 19:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 351/316/160
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi there and welcome,

Well you have come to the right place for support and education. There are many great people here and we understand where you are coming from. I bet it was quite a culture shock moving to Sweden..but it sounds like a fairytale marriage.

Good luck,

damaraq
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 20:34

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Hi Sweden ....

You definatly stumbled into a most excellent site .. the people here really know their stuff .. and we're all in the same boat ...

Then, of course .. there's people like me ..

don't know much about the technical stuff, but come in, have fun, and learn something all at the same time

I'm also part of the CHEERING squad ....

Hope to see you around ..
and hope to talk later