Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 11:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178.5/168/130 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Ugh-oh!

Today I was brought a cheeseburger for lunch and without even thinking (I was starving) I began to eat it. I had eaten half the burger before I realized I WAS EATING THE BUN! I quickly got rid of the rest of the bun but I still feel majorly guilty. Does anyone know how many carbs are in a hamburger bun and if this little mishap will effect my weight loss? I know it's not really that big of a cheat but I've been trying so hard to stay on the right path, I don't want to mess anything up.Please give me any information that you can.
Thanks

Last edited by niko52 : Fri, Dec-12-03 at 12:28.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 12:38

Plan: Atkins since 5/27/03
Stats: 202/167/150 Female 67.25
BF:
Progress: 67%

Accroding to fitday A whole Hamburger bun is 14 or so so you probably had about 7. Not the worst thing - don't beat yourself up, just go back to lc for the rest of the day and and count those carbs...
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 13:19
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Actually according to a package I have in my freezer (kids still like there burgers on buns) there are 21 carbs in one roll.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 15:13
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

So you went over. It happens, live and learn and just get back on track tomarrow. You may be up a little from water retention from unexpected carb increase (OWL and premaintanance raise carbs slowly so the body has time to build tolerence), and you may have to deal with cravings tomarrow, but stay strong. Pick up soem powdered L-Glutamine (the potant stufF) if you have craving problems.

There will be times you go over and under. On induction and OWL it is important to shoot for the same number of carbs each day though to keep blood sugar balanced. Once you reach premaintanance and maintanance you can occasionaly have higher carb treats as long as your week balances out, you eat mostly low GI and monitor portion control.

Remember this is a way of life and a learning process. It's not a test and you can't fail, the worst you can do is give up and give up on yourself. If you are up a pound tomarrow, so what. You are still better off then you were a month ago and if you get back on track you'll be even better off in another month. Put things into perspective and take a larger view (it saves sanity for later loss when you behave and suddenly find the perfectly allowable piece of meat you just had is actually 50% carby fillers )