Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 09:40

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%
Post Critique me (kindly please)..

I would like to do better w/ the lc so i am asking for your advices.

I would like for you guys to read my journal and tell what you suggest I eat MORE of, or to stop or eat LESS of certain things.

**YES I KNOW i have had cheats so please dont beat me up on those. I am VERY aware that those NEED TO GO!!

Thank you all in advance for your input.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 10:43

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

My suggestion is go KISS (Keep it simply Simple) natural stuff. No sweets period!!
Eat Fats to fill up on and veggies!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 13:12

Plan: My Own
Stats: 258/247/180 Female 5 ft, 5 in
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hey Butterball!

I think Diana has the right idea. It seems to me (and I could be wrong because I only read a few of your posts) but it seems to me that you are the kind of person who is affected by your cheats. So maybe keeing things simple/natural for you will help you fight those cheats and cravings. The foods you listed in your journal don't seem to be enough. I say definately add more veggies. Are you getting enough water?

I hope you enjoyed your birthday and I'm sorry to hear you were sick from the cake. I was wondering my self if being sick from the binge helps keep the weight from sticking too....I "over indulged" the other day and was sick as well. I don't know how much one can gain from a binge - I guess that all depends on the person - after the hell-week I had last week - and all the "bad" foods I ate, I was VERY lucky to not have gained and I am thanking my lucky stars!!

Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 22:50

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

I agree, you need more food and veggies and everything!

Typical menu:
Breakfast: EAS shake, or "regular" breakfast of eggs with cheese, bacon or sausage. (I love eggs, have them all kinds of different ways)

Lunch/Dinner: Salad with meat, or sometimes shrimp.
Ceasar Salad, Taco Salad, Chef's salad, "Shrimp cocktail" with about 4oz shrimp....Salads are easier, gets in my veggies and I love them. I also have chilli, hamburgers with cheese, chicken or other meats a with veggies.

Meat and fish is always around 4-5 oz. I eat at least 1 cup salad/day and at least 2 other veggies. I drink the EAS shakes in the morning on work days, since I'm never up early enough to have a real breakfast.

If you're having problems with cheats, you mmight want to go back on induction for a week or so and see if you can break the cravings. I'm just a tad above induction, just started adding berries, and have very few cravings. I stay away from processed foods as much as possible and rarely use artificial sweeteners because in my case, I feel they contribute to cravings.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 06:54

Plan: Neanderthin/Protein Power
Stats: 160/155/138 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi!
Congratulations on being brave enough to actually ask people to critique you! It's really hard to open yourself up to criticism.
From my limited knowledge, it seems to me you aren't eating enough. I know when I don't eat enough, that's when I start cheating the worst. So, I would say, eat more good foods (meats, fat, & veggies), more often, throughout the entire day. (Do you eat breakfast everyday?)
I myself try to stay away from the artificial sweetened products, they seem to make me crave sugar even more, and slow my weight loss.
Just stay with it and keep trying. Even if the weight loss is slow, its still a Loss.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 08:58

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%

yes i think you guys are right. I need to eat more food and more SALADS! Its just kinda hard sometimes. I mean i try, but have not had any breakfast in a while... Im always on the run. And my dh and 3 kids keep me soooo busy!

I do drink lots of water though. I may only have a diet soda 1-2x/week. I stopped eating my sf jello so far though.

How are lunch meats to eat?
How is whipped cream?
I love cheese, should i limit my slices to ***/per day?
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 09:22

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Well, I am not sure what you want your plan to look like...

Lunch meats - fine in moderation as long as they do not contain sugar or fillers.
Whipped cream - from scratch - not the kind in the can with sugar or Cool Whip - fine in moderation. I'd limit it to 3-4 tbsp per day.
Cheese - good stuff, but keep it to 3-4 oz daily. Most slices are 3/4 - 1 oz each.