Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 10:30

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 115/115/115 Female 5'7 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default good site for pre-prepared lc foods

HI there,

I got a gift certificate to this place-- the food is really tasty, and they do things I am to lazy to do, like puree cauliflower into "potatoes" etc....

V-effect

www.lowcarbmeals.com

PS Some of the meals can be pricey-- but I can usually strectch them out over two nights; there is a lot of food.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 13:41
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 269/269/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Boy!

Like you say...Their prices are really expensive. I guess this would be okay if you live by yourself or are the only one doing low carb.

There are some forzen foods I saw the other night at my local Wal*Mart Super Store, I believe they were called "Chefs Choice" there were many different meals available and even though they were expensive about $3.35 each. This is still cheaper value overall.

I'm sorry I don't remember what the choices were but I did catch that they were between 9 and 12 grams of carbs each. I don't think that's too bad for somebody else making your meal for you.

Birdy...
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 19:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/175/159 Male 66 inches
BF:33/23/14
Progress: 70%
Default Chef's Choice

Hi,
I have tried several of the Chef's Choice frozen meals and have found them to be really tasty. I liked the chicken cacciatore best. This meal has 12g carbs with 3 grams of fiber. In contrast to some low carb products that advertise their "effective" carbs after subtracting fiber and sugar alcohols, the packaging for these meals shows total carbohydrates. The subtraction of the fiber carbs is an added (or rather, subtracted) bonus.

Johnie
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 05:23
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%

I've tried all of the Chef's Choice dinners except the Shrimp Stir Fry (but I have a box of that in my freezer). I like them all. My favorite is the Chicken Toscana.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 07:59

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 203/171/170
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-effect
PS Some of the meals can be pricey-- but I can usually strectch them out over two nights; there is a lot of food.

Pricey isn't the word - more like "gouge". Simply not a viable option.

What we need is a mainstream manufacturer like the Chef's Choice people to distribute low carb products in local grocery stores. That's the only way we'll get low carb convenience meals we can live with.