Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 13:56

Plan: Atkins/Counting Calories
Stats: 173/165/145 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Need some input please???

I switched to SB last week. Today is day 12. I went and looked at my menu and realized that I am still eating only 20 to 25 carbs a day. I have added LC yogurt, LC tortillas one a day each. Besides going to LF dairy those are the only things I have changed.
I guess that it just seems with the changes that I have made I am still doing Atkins. (LF dairy is the only LF stuff that the fat isn't decreased by adding sugar)
Does anybody else eat the LC tortillas and yogurt on Atkins? I usually have one tortilla with lunch and a yogurt as a snack before my workout. Other than that I'm really only eating fat/protein meals. If so I think I'm going to go back to Atkins. I felt better with my fat intake a little higher. I find that I am skipping veggies because I'm not to fond of LF dressings and butter spray.

Wee
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 14:56
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I have occasional yogurt and tortillas, not a dialy thing. But I am also in OWL and premaintanance. With Atkins afte rinduciton you can add in a ton of different foods and continualy up your carb amounts until you reach CCL. Sticking to 20-25g of carbs period isn't Atkins, it's jsut one stage of the plan.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 14:56

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

It just proves Atkins is not as extreme as they make it out to be.
I love the new lc Dannon yogurt and consider it a fine Atkins addition-better then those sugar alcohol filled bars.
After induction the lc tortilla's are Atkinss friendly.
It comes down to your views on red meat basically
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 14:59
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

I eat yogurt usually on a daily basis, and if I could find a LC tortilla that didn't taste like cardboard, I'd eat those regularly too

SB was my first attempt at LCing and I couldn't do the LF cheeses, sprays, and dressings either. Ick. (I also went way overboard with lentils and high carb veggies, but that's a whole nother story I couldn't handle the blood sugar ups and downs)
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 15:28

Plan: Atkins/Counting Calories
Stats: 173/165/145 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Thanks guys.

I haven't experienced the blood sugar ups and downs, it's just that I'm not enjoying food like I did before, it is so boring now. I have only had one salad since I started SB because I just don't really like the LF dressings. I haven't been having very many veggies since I can only have spray butter. I feel like if I don't switch back to the higher fat salad dressings and meats that I am going to start eating carbs to replace whats missing.
Is this making any sense! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

Wee
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 22:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/224/175 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 66%

Just curious... but why did you switch to SB ? You don't seem too happy about having done that.....?

~Debbie~LoveSong~
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 02:24
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

I love the low carb totilla's. They're so versatile (pizza, pb & J sandwich, etc)

They don't up my cravings although I've heard for some people they do.