Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-01, 08:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/175/140?
BF:
Progress:
Default not losing

I have been at the same weight for 1 week now. I did go up 2 pounds for some reason then I went back to where i am. I have not changed anything althought the last two nights I have not felt like anything to eat after dinner. Is there something that I am not doing? One thing I think I have noticed is my clothes feeling different. My sticks have been meduim to dark purple since day 3 of induction. Am I just losing inches and not weight? That doesn't make sence to me. I do drink between 48 - 64 oz. a day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-01, 09:11

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Suggestions I have

I would recommend you take some measurements as it is VERY likely you're losing inches and not pounds. You're building muscle and losing fat, fat takes up more space than muscle, so you weigh the same but you take up less space and fit into a smaller size. A very desirable situation to be in.

Also, not losing weight for one week doesnt mean you've stalled. A stall entails not weight or inches lost for 6 weeks . You have to ask yourself "How long did it take me to gain the weight?" I bet the answer isnt a week LC involves new ways of eating and thinking and learning them takes some time and practice. Think of it as a journey, when you arrive you'll be healthier, happier and thinner.

I would suggest you try to get in the minimum 64 oz + more every day as it will encourage weight loss and keep your ketones from becoming too concentrated. Darker is NOT better on those stixs.

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-01, 10:11

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%

Nat,
I was feeling a bit blue today because I am jealous of your weight loss...Okay, just teasing, just a wee bit jealous, but I seem to be hovering the past 2 weeks. Your post has helped me remember, that it can be a much slower process for some also.
Thanks
Cindy
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-01, 10:27

BF:

Cindy, while I will not lie and say I am not pleased with the quick loss, I do think that too fast is not good. Losing a tonne of weight quickly is what messed up my metabolism to begin with, not to mention how much harder it is on your skin (loose skin is more of a problem when you lose a lot of weight very quickly, and this does have me concerned somewhat).

Everyone must travel their own path, which is something Im sure we can all appreicate on a more cerebral level; dealing with the reality of the situation can be quite different Just remember you'll get there, and you'll be so much the better for the journey.

hugs,
Nat
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-01, 10:55
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Support

Look for others who are on similiar stalls or pauses.. like me for example. I believe you go through stages during these times. I measured myself regularly on a daily basis and I found out that my body shifts my weight around. One week my waist got smaller, next week its my hips... My body must be adjusting to the loss I had. Stalls end and you will lose weight. Exercise seems to help the body adjust abit faster... am I right, Nat?
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-26-01, 11:45

BF:
Default Re: Support

Quote:
Originally posted by Lessara
am I right, Nat?

I'm not expert but I'd say that exercise helps by increasing metabolism and building lean muscle mass which also increases metabolism. And yes, I have heard that your body does move the fat around as it adjusts to its new size

Nat