Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 06:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/184/135
BF:
Progress: 47%
Question DaVinci Syrups

Does anyone know where to get DaVinci syrups. I have seen that some are using this to flavor things?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 13:09

Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%

I order them from their website, www.davincigourmet.com. The cost is $7.49 a bottle and I usually order half a dozen at a time to save on shipping. There are over 30 flavors; we've tried lots and we have really liked all but one or two so far.

We use them mainly to make Italian sodas (club soda or seltzer, 2 T syrup and 1 T heavy cream if we feel like it.) There are recipes for drinks and desserts on the Davinci website and there are some here in the Recipe area.

Karla
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 13:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Two important things:

There are already a ton of posts right HERE in this forum about the DaVinci Syrups, just look through the subject lines and you'll see, including good places to get them and favourite flavours.

There are LOTS of places that sell them online at a (sorry!) better rate than the manufacturer, just for starters try the banner pages here, the advertisements, and click on them. Synergy Diet (at the top of the page, big one) and Netrition (the LowCarb Shopping link up there somewhere) both carry DaVinci. Almost everybody does, they're very popular and very good.

Lots of local coffee shops, grocery stores (in the coffee syrups section) and even some Health Food Stores carry them too. Try that first! Save shipping.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 12:07

Plan: My own
Stats: 340/340/180 Female 5' 10"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 0%
Talking

This won't help you much, but if there are any other LC'ers in Saskatchewan I got Da Vinci syrups at Joe Beans on 8th Street in Saskatoon. They're the only place in the city that carries them, and they even offered to special order flavours they didn't have in stock! WOOHOO!!

Nicole
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 12:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Anybody check (or add info to!) the LowCarb Yellow Pages, right here on this website? That's what it's for... see the Quick Links on the upper right of your screen.

#6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 07:40

Stats: 205/205/150
BF:
Smile Torani SF Syrups

Hi All,

I have a found a company called the Baden Coffee Company in Baden, just outside Kitchener that will order in any amount of the Torani SF syrups for you and $12.00/bottle. I have ordered a few to try. I will add add their info to the yellow pages.

Tracy

Back on the LC wagon (AGAIN) since 8/26/02
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 16:04

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

In The Beautifull Pacific Northwest, I find DaVinci sugar-free syrups in the regular grocery stores...Safeway, Albertson's, QFC, etc. It just has to be a store that stocks a pretty big supply of the stuff, in the coffee aisle. The also make a pancake syrup and a chocolate syrup, sweetened w/ Splenda.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-02, 19:18
Registered Member

BF:
Smile DaVinci Syrups

Thanks guys for your great suggestions on where to find DaVinci Syrup. Here, in Maine, there doesn't seem to be a store that carries it. However, I will be ordering online. What are your favorites?
~Teddi
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 00:26

Stats: 187.5/182.0/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%

I love the Da Vinci Syrups and use them primarily to flavor protein shakes (really jazzes them up and makes them delicious) and for Italian sodas.

Example: 2 scoops Keto Cappucino shake mix + 2 cups water + 1/4 cup cream + 2 TBS Da Vinci Amaretto SF Syrup + 1 tsp. instant coffee + blend it all together = YUM (this makes two servings)

I use different syrups in all my shakes. They are all good. The chocolate perhaps doesn't quite measure up to the rest.

For Italian sodas (syrup + carbonated water + cream), I like orange and cherry the best, but peach and strawberry were also delish. I have this for dessert at dinner almost every day.

I have just ordered the blueberry and cinammon.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 04:12
Registered Member

BF:
Question DaVinci SYrup

Marie,
Thanks for the recommendations. You said that you use them for shakes. I tried a strawberry shake in a can from Atkins and that was wonderful but the Atkins powdered strawberry shake was terrible. I'm always afraid the powdered ones will be will be horrible. What can you tell me about the Keto shakes and where do you get them.
Thanks,
~Teddi
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 04:32

Stats: 187.5/182.0/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%

I've been ordering Keto shakes on-line from netrition.com (see banner ad on top of the page). I think most of the low-carb on-line stores have them. They come in a wide range of flavors, I have tried cappucino, chocolate fudge, peaches and creme, strawberry, orange creamcicle, and eggnog. I liked them all.

If you go up to the sticky reviews thread on this forum, you'll be able to check out user reviews on various products. The Keto is by far the most highly rated shake, I think. Certainly better rated than Atkins. It tastes only OK when made according to package directions which are 2 scoops mix and 8 oz water. I find they are much improved by halving the ratio of mix to water, adding cream, and adding SF syrup or other low-carb flavoring, like I mentioned above. Of course when you do that you are getting only half the shake mix and therefore half the protein. I get plenty of protein anyway so I don't worry about it. This is my standard breakfast.

I have seen advice to make them with 6 crushed ice cubes and 8 oz water, as well. My blender's ice crusher doesn't work too well and the crushed ice is only going to melt anyway in the fridge so I just use the water. If you were going to drink the shake right away, I think the ice would make a big difference.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 16:34

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Default I have wanted the syrups

But do they have many side effects like stalling?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wf738.jpg (10.0 KB, 21 views)
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 16:46

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:

For dessert, try stirring in about a teaspoon of your favourite DaVinci into sour cream. Yummers!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Nov-05-02, 11:21

Plan: protein power
Stats: 236/172/130
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Da Vinci syrups

Hi everyoone,
I'm new to this site and I already posted a note about this but I'm not sure where it went .....I realize now this is the right place for it so I apologize for the duplication.
If you have TJ Maxx stores in your area check their food sections for the sugar-free Da Vinci syrups. I picked up Irish Cream and Vanilla for $6 a bottle. They're easy to spot with their long necks and silver foil (the syrups, not the stores ).
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Dec-20-02, 15:06

Stats: 240/240/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Default Da Vinci Syrups at Ross Stores

I just found the sugar free Da Vinci Syrups at Ross last night. They are $6.99 for the large bottles.