Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 18:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/192/150
BF:
Progress: 13%
Unhappy M.i.a.

I have lost my way on this WOL, but I spent the last two days restocking my house and reading! I skimmed so much of the Atkins' book that I didn't learn a LOT of the information that was right in its pages! I made many mistakes, which contributed to my downfall.

BUT I have armed myself with knowledge and I fully reread the book to get a full understanding of this WOL, the body, and what I NEED to do!

Tonight I am cleaning out this house of any of my own personal "triggers." I also have Splenda on hand and bought soda with saccharine in it, NOT Nutrasweet!

I may have fell off the wagon, but I am NOT staying off. Tomorrow is a new day and I will make it though induction to be healthier AND happier. Darn it -- I deserve it!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 19:49

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Changing.....when you slip up pick yourself up, forgive yourself and get right back to it again! Sounds like that's exactly what you're doing. I think every one of us here has gotten off track at one time or another with this WOL. Good thing it's a WOL and not a contest or we'd all be in big trouble! When you start thinking of this as a way of life, a slip up here and there doesn't seem so terrible in the grand scheme of things. The important thing is to get back on track and keep going. You have the determination...go for it!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 20:46

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Good for you in picking yourself up, dusting yourself off, and pushing ahead. When you make mistakes (and this will not be your last one) learn from them and apply what you have learned. And it sounds like that is exactly what you are doing on multiple fronts so hurray for you!

Keep the Faith!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 21:03

Stats: 245/190/175
BF:
Progress: 79%

Never a good idea to beat yourself up too much if you go off, I have been doing this off and on for the past 20 months. I went up 20 pounds over my lowest (185) and have lost half of them, I want to go below my lowest now. The important thing is to realize is that this does work, and that if you go off the diet, try to always find your way back...
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 10:43
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Support

I must say, even though this is a WOL, I find the support system here incredible. I really don't know what this journey would be like without it! You all are so kind and helpful, men AND women! It just amazes me.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 11:30

Plan: LC
Stats: 180/179/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 3%

If at first you don't succeed-----

Welocme back. just keep your mind on the final result and you WILL make it this time.

Good Luck
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 12:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 173/141.5/130
BF:
Progress: 73%

Welcome back...One important thing to remember is that this is a Way of Living ...not a diet.

So it's likely that we aren't always going to make the right food choices...just get right back on track immediately..Don't take the attitude that you've blown it and will start again tomorrow. Get back at it as soon as possible.

Keep your goal in front of you...you'll make it.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 13:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/124/126
BF:
Progress: 106%

Like everyone says - take one day at a time and keep going.

I keep the book by my bed so I can constantly reread if I need to. Happily I seem to reading less and less so I must be learning it all slowly...but it is great to have it there to reassure myself i'm doing it fine.

And there is always plenty of support here.

#9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 08:08
Registered Member

BF:
I took yesterday real slow, but made it through the first day of Induction with the RIGHT foods and it was good. Today I feel like I am sick as a dog, but I really think that is from the recent carb binge. I can't eat a lot because I feel nauseous, but I'll make sure not to starve. I also keep reading the Atkins' book.

Thanks again for the wonderful words!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 18:45

Plan: LC
Stats: 180/179/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 3%

Hope your feeling better soon
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 19:01

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hey, Ann!

Hope it was just the after effects of the carb binge and not a stomach bug. Hope you're feeling better soon!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 07:33
Registered Member

Stats: 154/148/133
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Revolutions don't happen in a day...

Hi there,

You're back on the wagon and I feel like singing a verse of 'It's a long way to Tipperary'...but decided to change the lyrics.....

It's a short way to skinny ankles,
It's a short way to go.
It's a short way to shapely bottoms
and a healthy way we know....
Goodbye Carbohydrates,
Farewell sugary sweets,
It's a short short way to skinny ankles,
but our hearts lie there.

And remember every journey is shortened when the company is good!

Now everyone sing along to the Tune of 'It's a long way to Tipperary!!! Hope you know it