Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 19:30
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/353/160 Female 66.5 in
BF:don't have a clue!
Progress: 4%
Default I need a buddy too

Hi, I am fairly new to Atkins and the forum and I too have more that 100 pounds to lose (closer to 200). I have lost 5 pounds and got off to a slow start due to excess artificial sweetener use. I had NO IDEA they would have such a negative impact on weightloss. I also do not have twins or any other children. I haven't started exercising yet. I am going to join a gym that opens in about 3-4 weeks. I want to start working with weights. Anyway, I want to join in if it's okay.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 09:53

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 189/164/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:don't know
Progress: 46%

hello!! it's nice to meet you. i'm candi. looks like you're off to a good start. 5 lbs. less then when you started. sometimes artificial sweetners have a bad effect on some people. at least you realized it and spotted the problem instead of just thinking the diet didn't work. now you know that you can't have too much of them and you know to watch out for that. i'm sure you'll love it here. everyone is so kind and they offer so much support and advice. if you don't mind me asking how old are you? i'm 16. well i'm sure you'll love it here and you'll loose that weight before you know it. good luck and i hope to talk to you soon!!
*~*candi*~*
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 20:26

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 285/245/180 Female 68
BF:OMG
Progress: 38%
Cool

Hi Kathleen,

I'm fairly new to LC'ing. Less than a month and 15 lbs, and learning more all the time. This is a great board and I've learned lots from the people here. I'm sure you'll find that just reading through the posts will give you inspiration and a boost when you need one.

I would love to have a buddy in Charleston...one of my favorite cities in the world. How lucky you are to live with such classics, and near the beach!!!!

My name is Cathy; I'm 40something (lol), married, no children. How about you? I've got lots to lose, but am enjoying the 15 lb loss and wearing some clothes that have been too tight.

As for exercise, I walk with my dog for about an hour each day. Hoping to join a gym close to home. Just moved and looking at Curves. I'm pretty active otherwise, usually running around shopping and working in my yard.

Hope you're having a good LC evening, and I'll look forward to reading your posts.

---Carichie
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 19:26

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 390/367/200 Female 5"4
BF:s-66 C-64.4
Progress: 12%

Hi kathy,

I to have alot of weight to lose over 200lb i would love to have some people to partner up with. My weight now is 375lb and i started at 390lb and the date was the 9-8-03 and the current is now. please conttact me if you interesting hook up to be partner! I look forward to chatting!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 06:04
HELP!!!

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/175/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hi kathleen and welcome to the best site. I have been lcing since aug.2001 and have had alot of ups and downs but always stay here. YOu can get alot of support here. Start a journal it is a good way to track yourself and people will stop by your journal for support. good luck and keep up the good work. slow and steady keeps it off. Stace
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 06:05

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 190/190/90 Female 153
BF:
Progress: 0%

i will be anyones buddy