Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 17:03

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default What are your results after doing BFL so far?

I just started week 2 of BFL. I eat lower carbs because I tend towards IBS, so mainly veggies, protein shakes, and fruit with dinner. I definitely feel better, but I was just wondering if anyone saw results like those people posted in the success stories in the book and on the web site. I'm looking to make a lifestyle change for the long term, but short term I wanna be extra fit for my wedding in August.

So again, my question is...What are your results so far? Are the success stories really stretching the truth or do I need to load up on supplements to get those kind of results?

FYI: I take a multi-vitamin
cod liver oil
calcium supplement
DynaLean by EAS (gives me a little extra kick)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 19:04

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

Lifting and low carb is it for me. 30 lbs of fat lost, 10-12 of lean gained. Arnie - for some good tweaking, get Built or Legs or maybe Trainer Dan to review your program. Maybe they can spot something that will help you.

My Supps:

Whey protein
ECA
Glutamine
BCAAs (new)
chromium picolinate
chelated magnesium

Are you not seeing the results you want? Let us know!

Friday, who just figured out that this arnie is not the other arnie!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 11:44
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

My BFL buddy who got me hooked on this program has lost over 100 pounds and still has thirty more to go... he looks great and according to him feels better than he ever has in his life.

I think that the stories in the BFL book are very inspirational but don't think that everyone will see results as quickly as some of those people did. I try to look at what BFL stands for - Body For Life - and know that this is a program that I have to be willing to stick with for ever. Not just until I loose the weight... The great part is that it is such an easy program for me to follow...

Challenge 1 I lost 17 pounds total (I wasn't measuring body fat but I can see the difference in my body definition). Challenge 2 is going along well.

Measure your success in small doses and find rewards for yourself... I wish I could look like some of the girls in the book but when I look in the mirror and feel good about what I've accomplished so far that is even better.

Kiks
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 07:59

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Thanks!!

Thanks for your replies. I do plan to make BFL a permanent part of my life because it's so easy to follow. I showed a personal trainer at my gym those pics and he was a little skeptical about the results happening in 12 weeks without loading up on supplements.

I think the program is great. I've dropped 2 dress sizes but the scale has not moved. I know my fat loss will eventually catch up to the muscle building. Onward HO!!!

Arnie
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 08:06
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

I can totally understand the change in size without the change in weight.

In the past at my current weight I was wearing one to two sizes bigger than I am today. The great part about BFL is that it works and builds your muscles. And while a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat it is much smaller (about 2/3 less in size)!

So even if the weight hasn't changed it most likely means you've been putting on muscle. A lot of people measure their body fat to see how the composition of their body is changing. It is a great way to see how you may be replacing fat with muscle.

And, even better, muscle burns more energy than fat.

Good luck with BFL - it's been a godsend for me.

Kiks
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-31-04, 00:35

Plan: maintenance
Stats: 145/125/125 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Arnie, I think the transformations on the website and in the book are the exceptionally good results. I had nice results on my 1st challenge BUT I'd been on the 'eat as little as possible diet' for 30 years before that. PS I did my 1st challenge lc.