Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 08:07
Happy Spring!!!

Plan: Will be starting SBD soon
Stats: 226.5/223.5/175 Female 5'7
BF:34%/33%/lo as poss
Progress: 6%
Lightbulb Trying to jumpstart something here

I have been so not hungry the last week. I have noticed my calorie intake take a drastic nosedive since the start of induction. Started at 2400-2700 cals/day and steadly dropped to 1800, 1700, 1500, down to now what is about 5-600/day. Yesterday I ate all the way to 650!! Whoa!!! I have never had to force myself to eat, but food isn't on my mind as of late and it's bedtime before I realize I haven't had hardly anything to eat for the day.

I've been bouncing around the same 2 pounds for a week now. So this morning I forced myself to eat a hearty breakfast (3 muffin tin sized quiches, 2 drumsticks, 1T mayo) My stomach must of shrunk cuz I'm so over full I'm gonna hurl!!

I haven't entered into fitday for the last 2 days, just seemed like a waste of time since I didn't eat anything.

I'm going to hold off on cheese, dairy (cream ), and processed meats. Fried up 2 packages of drumsticks last night, have my quiches, and assorted other veggies in the fridge. Lets see how this works!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 08:54

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

Nursey - instead of forcing yourself to eat 3 larger meals a day, why not have 6 small meals a day. Maybe that will be kinder to your tummy. Don't forget your veggies and don't forget your fat. The fat is the most important part of the equation for making this WOL work best. I broke my stall when I cut out all of the artificial sweeteners, all cheese and cream, and stoked my internal furnace with 75 to 80% fat. Olive oil on my salads, lots of butter on my steamed veggies, candies made from coconut oil and cocoa - hmm - guess that did have some Splenda in it. I also let my caloric count drop then spike repeatedly for about two weeks, from around 900 up to around 2100. Since my Thanksgiving whoosh I've been steadily losing 1/2 pound or so a week - which is just fine by me. It took me 6 years to get this - ummm - portly - so it's okay to take awhile getting it off. I don't now nor did I ever eat the frankenfoods. The only low carb stuff I've tried, and love, are the La Tortilla brand tortillas (Fitness & Nutrition Centers has both sizes).

Good wishes to your continued weight loss and increased healthiness.

shortstuff
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 10:00
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I agree. When I was shooting for 3 meals a day I was way low on calories. I just can't eat big meals anymore. Eaitng every few hours though I had small meals that satisfied without stuffing me.

Also look for ways to up your calories without alot of filling. Put butter and olive oil on everything. Use mayo. I will suppliment with coconut oil to help get my fat and caloires up. Remember ATkins is a high fat diet like stated earlier and higher fat will help you lose better. Have an omlette in the morning, and for filling use 1/2 cup frozen spinach thawed and all the moisture pressed out you can manage. Mix it with 1 tbsp mayo as a binder. When the omlette is done put 1/2 tbsp butter on top and add salt and pepper.

If you have salad for lunch, add 1 tbsp olive oil. It makes a great dressing and ups the heart healthy fat content. With veggies as a side, add that butter. 1/2 cup spaghetti squash with garlic butter makes a great pasta like side dish.