Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 21:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/185/130 Female 5 feet 5 inces
BF:
Progress:
Wink I need an atkins buddy!

Hey everybody!
I'm a 21 yr. old, recently married, college student who just started the Atkin's diet. I'm really pumped about this diet and the reward of the fast weight loss. I'm the type of person that needs quick results, or I get discouraged. I would love to have abuddy or a group of buddies to encourage and have them encpourage me also! Right now, I'm 185 lbs. and my goal weight is 135. I'm hoping to lose atleast 25lbs. by Thanksgiving. Is that possible? Anyway, I look forward to hearing from everyone! Good Luck!!

*Melissa*
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 10:14
Brown-Eyed Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi Melissa: I too am a college student (I recently went back to finish my bachelor's degree) and am married. I have heard people talking about the Atkins plan for years and after actually seeing some people with successful results, decided to try it for myself. I started September 22 and have already lost about 12 lbs. I am thrilled. The whole way of eating hasn't been to hard either once I got past the first couple of days, most of the cravings went away, I'm less hungry, and have tons of energy. 25 lbs. sounds like a reasonable goal. Just make sure you watch your carbs and drink your water. Make sure you check out the Atkins Website as well, everytime, I needed motivated, I would read success stories and look at the Before and After pictures. It makes the whole plan seem more realistic. The people on this forum are great as well. It's real!

Last edited by Ohio Kim : Wed, Oct-01-03 at 10:16.