Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 11:18

Plan: protein power
Stats: 172/147/130
BF:
Progress: 60%
Red face Feelin'Awful

This is my first post, so if I goof up, sorry.

I am stalled to a screeching halt. The scale has not moved in three weeks and I'm frustrated. I've heard that eating carbs for a short period can break the stall. So, this morning I got out all my old enemies and consumed them with vigor. Now I am drooping something terrible. I feel like I need a long nap and have that brain fog. Ick! And, those cheetos weren't as good as I remembered them being.

How long do I need eat badly before I should go back to LC?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 13:00
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Hi there and welcome to our forum!!

So, according to your profile, you started LC on 3/15. You lost 20# in a month and now you’re stalled for 3 weeks. Is that right? If so, there’s a couple of things I’d like to point out.

1) You lost a tremendous amount of weight in a short period of time. It is very natural for your body to take a “time out” for a few weeks. Our recommendation is to simply stick with your chosen eating plan during this time.
2) A true stall (before you start tweaking) is defined as no loss on the scale or tape measure for 6+ weeks. You haven’t been stalled long enough to start making changes in your WOE.
3) You can expect the need to reduce your calories as your bodyweight decreases. Have you made such an adjustment or are you eating at the same levels as always.
4) Eating Cheetos is never a good idea. When it’s time to increase your carbs, it’s best to do it with more fruit, vegetables and whole grains, not junk!!
5) You can expect that your weight loss from this point forward will be nothing like your rate of loss was during the first month. Depending on your level of activity, a rate of 1-2# per month would be realistic.

Bottom line: Go back to your normal eating plan and stick with it! It’s not time to panic yet!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 13:44

Plan: IF/Low carb
Stats: 219/201/172 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

I have done refeeds with much success.

To answer your question, half a day to a full day is sufficient.

You should eat carbs and not fat - we all remember that diet.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 16:21

BF:

Thank you Teridoodle for the help.

Too clarify my weightloss saga, I have seriously been trying to lose weight since January 1 with 11 weeks on WW, having some results, 12 pounds. I was having a hard time sticking to the WW plan, being hungry most of the time and losing very slowly. So, I began the protein power plan in March. Lost 8 lbs in a month, then stopped.

Thanks for the advice. My mistake for eating the cheetos. Guess I'll pay for that. NO MORE THOUGH!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 19:35
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Ohhhhhhhhhh, okay! That makes more sense! I was about to give you a medal of some sort....20# in a month for someone of your weight would be phenomenal!! Nevertheless, my advice to you remains the same. My weight always came off in chunks of 3-5# after 6-8 stalls....so have no fear, it'll happen!\

PS - I'm glad to know that Cheetos taste like crap now...they used to be my all-time favorite snack food. I could eat a BUNCH of them in one sitting. Haven't touched my lips in over a year!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 14:31

BF:

An update: I ate badly for one day. Not horribly, just ate the things that I had missed. I felt so icky that night. My stomach was all bloated and uncomfortable. I didn't sleep well either. Got back on the LC wagon the next day. I am on day 2 of LC and no weight change yet... not up or down. I will wait patiently. I have suffered the cravings that I remember from start up on LC. I'm being strong and resisting the pan of fresh brownies for my kids. Imagining them being covered with elephant sneeze. I'm a visual person, it helps.