Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 08:34

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default thermocarb

I have been hearing about this product on the radio called Thermocarb, said to burn Carbs. up to 300 % faster. Does anyone know or has anyone used this product. Or is it a "PIE IN THE SKY" type thing. It is said to be guarantee that you will lose 7 pounds the first week, which I have done that on the Atkins but also guarantees you will lose a pants or dress size every two weeks after. Just wondering if anyone has heard about this?? Thanks in advance Joan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 09:45
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

If there is a "miracle pill" then why aren't we all taking it?

There is a great article and discussion that we had a few days ago on the topic here: No one ever makes a New Year's Resoultion like this

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 15:23

BF:

Karen, you took the words right outta my mouth. I asked the same question but kept hearing this commercial and thought I would ask if anyone else had heard anything of this product. Thanks Joan
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 01:01

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Snake oil. Pure snake oil.

They can guarantee anything they want to get you to buy because they know full well that few people will actually return the product if it doesn't work and few of those outfits honor their guarantee even for the few that do.

I used to really frequent a lot of techie newsgroups on USENET and there are always the "free energy" and "antigravity" type folks around. I have a standing offer to any of them. In exchange for just 0.01% of the gross revenues from their idea I guarantee that, if my testing shows their claims to be genuine, that I will have then national TV, radio and print press coverage within 30 days or I will give them $10,000 cash. I've only had two of the gooks even begin to take me up on it and both of them backed off after I pointed out the very first simple test that I would do to validate their claim.

The same would apply to these folks.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 07:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/137/130 Female 65.5
BF:Unknown
Progress: 89%
Lightbulb Magic Pills

I agree with Karen. There is no miracle pill. If there was, the FDA would be regulating it as a drug. Additionally, I caution anyone thinking about using thermogenic ephedra containing products for two reasons.

First, depending on your personality and genetic predispositon, they can be addictive. They are stimulants and for some people, they cause all the signs and symptons that go along with addiction to uppers. When these people stop taking the product, they can find themselves depressed, fatigued, anxious, and sometimes paranoid.

The second reason is that, in order to battle food addictions, we need to learn to become centered and aware of our feelings, our responses, and our bodies messages. It is difficult, if not impossible, to be relaxed/calm enough to be centered and get in touch with ourselves when we are overstimulated.

The miracle, the magic, is that we live in a time where there is so much information and research on nutrition and wellness available to help us resolve our problems. I'm beginning to realize that faith and patience are so much a part of this WOL. So I would urge you to stop looking, because everything you need is right here. The beauty of it is, it's that simple.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 09:47

BF:

Dear Missbetsey, is it not true that sometime we cannot see the forest for the trees. I think this has been my problem. We, that have food addictions or for that matter any kind of a addiction want it right now. I will stay away from all the Mirical adverstisements because this forum does have everything I need to do this WOL. Thanks for caring Joan