Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 21:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 146/121.5/120 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default DH ate ALL my low-carb tortillas up!

Just a small vent. I cooked a fabulous meal for dinner tonight, (delicious shredded pork wraps) but had to be gone. So I tell him what it is, how to finish everything off, and to please feed the kiddos. I came back tonight hungry and looking forward to eating and first, realize there's no more meat--no problem, I put extra in the freezer--as it's defrosting I realize my whole package of LC tortillas is gone! He said he ran out of the big regular tortillas and somehow managed to use up the several other LC ones. Why not the taco shells in the cupboard? Grrrrrr, MEN! I've been carefully freezing and using this one package for over a month, as they are impossible to find here except for one specialty expensive LC food store. Guess who is making a shopping trip tomorrow???

Which is harder? Getting your family to eat LC with you, or keeping them out of your stuff while feeding them the HC items???? LOL!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 21:25

Stats: 297/264.5/180 Female 5'8
BF:3rd/attempt/toLC
Progress: 28%

My DH ate a whole bag of MY sugar free gummy bears...that I had been carefully rationing....

hehehe the sugar alchols sent him to the bathroom for hours...

paybacks a B&~#H
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 21:25

Plan: CAD maintenance
Stats: // Female 63
BF:
Progress: 123%

those LC tortillas are mighty high in fiber so he'll be paying for it in the bathroom!

my bf ate some SF chocolates (major gas/laxative effect on most people) I was trying to hide, and he got his punishment as well
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 07:07
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

LOL saweetie... That cracks me up more than ya know..(hehehe)I laugh my butt of everytime he makes a BIg bowl of lc ice cream. I tell him not to make such a big serving and he didn't listen. Lets just say I slept in the living room that night to be safe from the ice creams wrath!!!!!
Harde har har
Angel
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 07:12

Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 286%

LLOOLL!!! That was SO FUNNYY!!! Yes, I ate 2 zero carb candy bars and was PAYING for it myself last week HAHAHAHAAAA!!! That was a great story guys!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 07:13

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 149/138/132 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 65%

Where can I find LC tortillas
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 07:41

Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 286%

You can get them here:

http://www.synergydiet.com/tortillas1.html

Or just go to your local health food store.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 08:21

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I bought a box of lc fudge bars. I was surprised that there were so many in the box. Well, I only got 2 bars.I asked who ate my icecream and, of course, the answer was "Ididn'tdoit". I want ididn'tdoit outta my house!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 09:01
Registered Member

Stats: 300+/???/175 Female 68 inch
BF:more/than/enough
Progress: 7%
Smile

I loved the stories and the revenge of the LC's...I have two non carber's in my house son and husband...sorry I can't use the d for either of them....
at the moment.

I haven't been buying LC items yet, but intend to soon and if what goes on around here is any indication I best buy a safe for them too. I've been spending extra time cooking LC meals, and explained the whole concept to both of them. After dinner I portion up some of what I made so I have it for the next day for lunch or whatever...amazingly what I've made...ex: cauliflower rice, somehow dissappears, but the regular rice is still there....ugh!!!!!!!

This has happened too many times to have it be happenstance...guess we will all be LC'ing which will make meal easier to prepare However, there is a saving grace, at the moment, my microwave died and therefore you have to put some effort into reheating things...so I guess I'll be safe for awhile or until I get a new microwave...which could be a while

debra