Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 06:13
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 210/204/150 Female 5'6
BF:too much
Progress: 10%
Question Visiting others

Hi all, last week I was out for the weekend at a friends. There were a bunch of us there for a riding clinic. Anyway... whey had prepared all the meals in advance and of course it was 99% loaded with carbs. I managed to ignore most of it but I would have starved to death over the weekend if I hadn't had a spagetti caserole thing on Sat night. I didn't want to put them out anymore they what they had already done, and I didn't want to explain the whole LCing thing, so I told them I had an insulin intolerance to breads and pastas (which is true!). I have to admit that I was ill prepared food wise. I had one protien drink with me which held me for a lonnnnggg time. What do you guys do???

PS Even though I've only lost 10 lbs on the scale it feels like 25 in my head! Why is that???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 06:40

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi DLC

Sometimes when we go out we forget others are not eating to the same plan as ourselves.

If people were taking dishes then you could have taken along at least one dish yourself. If you are staying then I think it is worth telling your host in advance that you are intolerant to starch foods, but that you love meat and vegetables. For breakfast they will hopefully have eggs, if not bacon, in the store cupboard and you could always ask for cheese or something basic to top things up.

I always take nuts with me in case I get caught short and of course you would be able to take Atkins bars as well.

Congratulations on the 10 pounds gone so far, may many more follow them.