Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-11-05, 18:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/112/110 Female 63 inches
BF:17%/15%/12%
Progress: 80%
Default Need serious buddy who needs to shed 5 - 10 pounds fast...

Hey everyone! I am new to the forum but not entirely new to the low carb life... i've just gotten lazy over the past couple of months. Anyhow, I am an avid exerciser and am by no means overweight but I do have a good 5 - 10 pounds I want to lose by swimsuit season. Ideally, I would like to shed 5 within the next 2 weeks and I would love to have someone join me for the added motivation. I intend to follow a bit higher carbs though becuase I will also be working out quite a bit, so the goal is not to exceed 50 carbs per day, mainly from veggies and nuts. I started today. Here's what my day looks like so far.

Meal 1: No carb protein shake, 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
Meal 2: No carb protein shake, 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
Meal 3: 6 oz turkey breast strips, Lots of spinach, cucmbers and mushrooms,
3 TBSP Olive oil dressing
Meal 4: No carb protein shake, 24 Almonds

For Dinner:
Meal 5: 6 oz turkey breast strips, Lots of spinach, cucmbers and mushrooms,
3 TBSP Olive oil dressing

Approximately 1800 calories
Ran 6 miles at easy pace in early AM
Going on 1 hour bike ride from 5 - 6 PM

I know a lot of people will probably say this is excessive, too much, all you need is 20 minutes, etc. I know what I want my body to like like and I don't want the overly developed muscles. I like thin and toned. I don't enjoy strngth training so I'll do the bare minimum of 20 minutes twic a week. I like cardio, and I get results from it... so is anyone up for the challenge?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-12-05, 12:05
Registered Member

seein as nobody has decided to join me, Im just going to turn this thing into a journal... so if anyone happens to read this and decides to join in look for the rest under journals and bootcamp
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-13-05, 10:12

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

I'll join you! I'm trying to hit 158 or less by 4/1.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-05, 14:38
Registered Member

Stats: 128/123/110 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi Gymgal,
I'm no stranger to fitness myself although I've been away from it for a while. I'd like to work up to 3 days cardio/weights and 2 days of pilates/yoga and leave the weekends for hiking, biking, tennis or just playing with my kids....I'm in for trying to shed 10 quickly. Good Luck!!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-05, 15:04

Plan: My Own Mix
Stats: 185/185/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey gymgal!
I'm in it with ya!

(bit don't read any of my past posts because I'm on this awful roller coaster...lol lol...I am OFF that ride today!!)

I really feel refreshed today with the weather warming up and all. Keep in touch!

Here we goooooooooooo!

finngal
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-05, 23:08
Registered Member

Default Im so happy I have three takers...

Im on day four and things are starting to get a bit tough exercise wise, Im doing okay with the cravings, but they come in waves. Like today at school, I wanted anything with carbs, but as soon as I was done with my almonds and lolts of water, I felt a bit better. DInner saved me and now Im done. SO far the results are going well, Ive lost 2 pounds in 4 days, and my stomach is waking up nice and flat!!! I need to keep that in mind and try to get my but in the gym. Its gettin harder to kee up the gym thing, but Ill be super happy even just going for 1 hour a day.. it still counts. Even though I must admit I am doing very low intensity. The good thing is Im not making myself sick because Im staying in the fat burning zone. I actually dont feel light headed like I thought I would. Well, my journey is being detailed day by day under the journal section, but the title there is "lose 10 by april 10th". I posted my IM (bevy3331) and my e-mail (samano2006~lawnet.ucla.edu) on there for all of you who want to join in and keep each other accountacble. Im a law student so Im ussually on the computer or checking it throughout the day so feel free to drop me a line or contact me if you're feeling weak, need encouragement, etc. I have faith in us ladies... lets get swimsuit ready
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-05, 07:21

BF:

Hey gymgal - sounds like your name says it all! I remember those glorious college days well...

Glad to meet you all!

No more roller coasters here - or only the speeding DOWN one, anyway...
I have my meals planned for the day and some gym time, too.

take care
finngal
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-05, 12:28
Registered Member

BF:

I'm familiar with you lawyer-types (he he) My brother and uncle are attorneys - my uncle is a judge as well. Anyway, so far so good on my end. I've been sticking with the Atkins induction and have been 3-5g under 20 the past 3 days. I made a pretty tasty, pretty quick cream of brocolli soup today. If anyone's interested, visit my journal & let me know & I'll post it there. I got an awesome LB/Abs workout yesterday - How do I know? Cuz I'm SORE today!!! lol I'd like to get in some pilates today so that I can s-t-r-e-t-c-h out.
Hello Michelle & finngal! Good Luck Everyone on this goal!
AC
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-05, 19:49
Registered Member

Hooray for us!!! We are doing so well... and Alley cat, I am amazed at your ability to stay under 20 grams on a daily basis. Way to go!!! Finngal, so happy your off the roller coaster, we are so gonna keep forging ahead together Oh... I too remember those glorious college days, believe me, Law School is nothing like college. I loved college!!! Law school... not so much Gotta keep my eye on the prize though! All right ladies, have a good one.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-05, 21:05

BF:

Exercise today was 30 min cardio in the am and a mix of pilates and weithts in the pm (45 min).
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-05, 21:05

BF:

Exercise today was 30 min cardio in the am and a mix of pilates and weithts in the pm (45 min).
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 08:38

BF:

Super job rodmick with your exercise!

I did a "regular" work out yesterday for me:
15 min stairmaster
3 sets each of
hamstring
inner & outer thigh
lat pull downs
squats
pecs
then 10 min rowing
tons of stretching (morning and afternoon)

I did use higher weights than usual, gonna kick it up a notch and make those muscles metabolize!! Gotta love being sore - the feeling of a work out!!

The scale was down 3 for me already...you guys...it felt SO good !!! Seven more to go!

Hope you're having a great day......keep up the GREAT work.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 08:42

BF:

Finngal, Good job on your too!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 13:00
Registered Member

BF:

Way to go finngal & Michelle!!! Even with my little guy terrorizing me (he's 4..need I say more?), I did cardio and upper body today.
B: 2 scrambled eggs w/ 3 grape tomatoes, garlic & bail sauteed in olive oil

L: cream of brocolli soup & 1 chicken leg

D: [will be] garlic roasted chicken with a large tossed salad and CarbWell (0 carbs) Italian dressing

S: 2 oz. cheddar
1 hardboiled egg

H2O: 64 fl oz.

Keep up the excellent work ladies!!!
AC

Last edited by Alley_Cat : Thu, Mar-17-05 at 05:40.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 13:18

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 207.2/162.6/137.0 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 64%

I would like to join too, if that's ok?! I have been slacking on my excersise in the past week & its making me mad at myself..LOL. Its TOM time & I tend to get reaaaaallly lazzzy. So maybe with your guys help I can pull thru! I too, like Rodmick want to be in the 150's.

Well, I haven't excersised yet for today, just sitting here at my desk at work. But I did do 20 squats in the ladies room in the stall..LOL. I am planning on doing the Pilates thing tonite.