Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 09:48
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 240/227/140
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Induction Diabetic losing fast

I started the Atkins on Jan.27th and have lost 15 lbs.Seems to fast. I've been on this before and only lost 7 lbs. in 2 weeks. I'm borderline diabetic and haven't been to the Doctors in months.My question is am I losing to fast,and could this have anything to do with diabetes?(I never thought I'd be asking that)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 15:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

Your best bet is to go to your doctor and get tested. If you're still not diabetic, which you probably aren't if you're low-carbing, then the diet is responsible for your weight loss and will help you retain your health or improve it.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 17:40
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Freydis.
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to the Doctor at the end of the month.I'm not worried anymore, because I've gained back a few pounds.(Bummer)I'm anxious to see what my sugar and cholesterol are.Are you diabetic? I seen you lost 35lbs. I think that's great.Hope I can stay on this,it's like one day at a time with me,sometimes I get sick of all the meat,but at least your not hungry on it.
Coming to this forum helps!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 18:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/159/130
BF:
Progress: 43%

Congrats on your loss! I started on the 27th too, and I've lost 11 pounds so far. That's amazing considering it's my TOM. I usually gain a few pounds before. I'm not a diabetic, but both my parents are type B, so I really need to watch myself. Let us know how the results were
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 07:00
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Patty,
Congrats on your loss too!
Todays the big day, are you going to on to ongoing,or staying with induction?I think I'm going to stay on induction,and maybe add a few more carbs on the weekends! Sounds like a plan to me. Talk to you later!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 17:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally posted by chenevy
I'm not worried anymore, because I've gained back a few pounds.(Bummer)Are you diabetic? I seen you lost 35lbs. I think that's great.Hope I can stay on this,it's like one day at a time with me,sometimes I get sick of all the meat,but at least your not hungry on it.Coming to this forum helps!

You've probably gained some water weight which will drop when your body decides it's ready to adjust to your new size.

Yes, I'm diabetic and a heart patient. 35 lbs sounds wonderful till you realize it has taken me 11 months to get that far. However, it is better than gaining and I am in much better health than I was a year ago.

Life is always one day at a time. This new way of eating will eventually become second nature to you and something else will be your daily trial. I love not being hungry, and I certainly don't feel limited to meat. But, I did feel that way during Induction.

And, yes, whenever you're having a rough day, come here. This is the BEST PLACE for support!

Hang in there! You'll do BETTER than me!