Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 13:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/200/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Question Loss of Appetite?

I am just starting week 6 of Atkins and have really been enjoying my new WOL. I'm enjoying the foods that I'm eating, I'm not eating "just because," and the weight loss has been faster than I could have imagined. Lately however I've been experiencing a strange loss of appetite. Is this normal?

Yesterday I got involved in a project here at home that I was trying to complete by the end of the day. The only thing I ate all day was a salad and a few strips of bacon at lunchtime. By the time I realized that I hadn't eaten much it was pretty late in the evening, but I wasn't even hungry. I did have a piece of string cheese because I knew I should eat something. I woke up hungry this morning so made some bacon and eggs. I had a few slices of bacon but could only eat one of the eggs I cooked up. Now it's 6 hours later and I'm forcing myself to eat a salad, but am really not hungry. This seems really weird to me. Has anyone else experienced a similar loss of appetite? Should I be concerned?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 12:20

Plan: General
Stats: 229/196/125 Female 5'3""
BF:
Progress: 32%

Yes, I am experiencing the same thing. And I have lost 15 pounds so far. I made a mistake by entering the lc stuff into my diet which has put me at a standstill right now. I have cut that out (as of today) and hope that I will start losing again. I don't eat like I used to because I am not hungry but people tell me here that I do need to eat or my body will try to go into starvation mode and keep me from losing. You are not alone. Same thing happening here.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 12:27

Stats: 244/217/140 Female 5ft. 5in.
BF:
Progress: 26%

yep same thing happened to me too. It is important to pay attention and not let yourself go more than 6 hours between meals, or snacks. I think it has to do with the high fat making you feel fuller for a longer period of time.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 14:24
Queen of Bouncing

Plan: Temp - PSMF
Stats: 240/198/135 Female 63"
BF:Who Knows
Progress: 40%

I've experienced the reduced appetite but was usually okay when eating. Today was just weird, I did NOT want to eat. Anything. Just plain ol' not hungry - even thoughts of some of my (old) favorite things to eat didn't phase me.

Debbie
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 14:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%

Yep! Some days I really have to make myself eat.

Some diet, huh?
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 14:38
Queen of Bouncing

Plan: Temp - PSMF
Stats: 240/198/135 Female 63"
BF:Who Knows
Progress: 40%

Well, I always did wish I could be like those people that don't really care about food, who knows I might be getting what I wished for, LoL.

Debbie
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 14:41

Stats: 148.5/137/130 Female 64 in
BF:27.2
Progress: 62%

I went through it too. Part of it is ketosis. I had to set a timer so I would make sure I ate every six hours. It is a nice feeling but strange. It should pass after a little while. It is nice not to a slave to the fridge. Keep up the good work.