Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 17:04
Registered Member

Plan: sb/atkins modified
Stats: 250/228/190 Male 70"
BF:have/too/much
Progress: 37%
Default Im stalled, what am I doing wrong

I know everybody stalls, but I was hoping for 2lbs a week, and instead the last week have gained, but have been eating like I should and have not cheated once since I have been on this. I have been on this for six weeks, the first two I lost 8lbs, more than what I expected from that point after, and in that time after, the last four weeks have lost five pounds. Last week I got down to my weeks goal of 236, then jumped back up to 239 and am sitting at 237 for the last five days.

this is the last few days food

Food Tuesday was;

breakfast: hb egg

lunch: salad with mozzerella cheese, two slices of summer sausage, about
1oz of peperjack cheese

snack: two hb eggs mashed into spicy mustard

dinner: two large pork ribs, 1/4 pan of egg bake (full pan is 18 eggs,
small can of mushrooms, half can of diced tomatoes, 4oz moz cheese, green
olives, varios spices) and one can of no bean chilli w/soure cream (one
carb) and small amount of moz cheese (chilli has 18 carbs, but 9 fiber so
should be only 9 net carbs).

wednesday ;

breakfast: slice of summer sausage, about 1oz pepperjack cheese

lunch: salad with moz cheese and no carb dressing, two slices of summer
sausage and one oz cheese

Snack:none

Dinner: six small skinless chicken thighs, salad

Thursday;

Breakfast: forgot to eat it

Lunch: salad again, two slices of summer sausage, 2 oz of cheese

snack: three hb eggs mashed into spicy mustard

another snack: one oz cheeze, two slices summer sausage

dinner: 2 1/2 small boneless pork ribs, two skinless chicken thighs, salad, can of chilli.

weight this morning 237, what the heck is going on, I should have my carb
pretty low, have not cheated once and am stuck awfully early.

Should I maybe increase my carbs???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 18:30
Queen of Bouncing

Plan: Temp - PSMF
Stats: 240/198/135 Female 63"
BF:Who Knows
Progress: 40%

I see a lot of cheese & high sodium items. I would cut back on the cheese and maybe lay off the summer sausage & canned chili and see what happens. Add in some more real meat and veggies.

Don't know if that's the problem but can't hurt to try.

Debbie
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-04, 00:10

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

way too much cheese/calories, where are your veggies?? You need some veggies for fibers and nutrients.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-04, 06:55
Registered Member

I get my veggies from my salad, I have between one to two a day. The only other veggies that seem to have the least blood sugar effect according to south beach is green beens, and I usally love them, but lately have lost the taste for them. I put broccoli in my egg bakes all the time, just forgot it this last time.

I will cut down on the cheese, then watch my salt intake closer.

thanks
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-04, 08:48

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%

good luck!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-04, 10:11
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:

I think the only thing you're doing "wrong" is expecting too much. You've lost 15 lbs in only six weeks; that's an average of 2.5 lbs per week. Weight loss is rarely a steady downward slide.

Last edited by Kristine : Mon, Dec-06-04 at 08:01.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-04, 10:33

Plan: general lc
Stats: 165/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:-?
Progress: 660%

I agree about the cheese. Have you taken your measurements? Sometimes when we're not losing pounds we still lose inches. You're doing great so far !!
Good luck !!!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-04, 13:25
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

It looks like you eat almost non-existant breakfasts, light lunches and then you go nuts at dinner time!

You might, if you stall for an excessively long amount of time, try cutting back a bit. You might not need to count calories, but perhaps cut down on the portions. Are you eating so little during the day you're ravenous at night?
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-04, 14:16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
It looks like you eat almost non-existant breakfasts, light lunches and then you go nuts at dinner time!

You might, if you stall for an excessively long amount of time, try cutting back a bit. You might not need to count calories, but perhaps cut down on the portions. Are you eating so little during the day you're ravenous at night?

Actually, my lunch is pretty filling, it is a good size salad. My snacks are just that, they never fill me up. I have never been a breakfast person, but in the sb book they said to eat breakfast so I usually have something that is fast and easy.

The only thing when it comes to dinners is my wife tends to want to eat late, usually 8pm and I want it around 7pm, so I am going back and forth to make it work easier.

Weekends are horrible, I want to snack all the time just because I get board, as during the cold months I am not very active.

Thank you all so far, I guess I just need to change my snacks from cheese to something else.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-04, 00:47

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

A lot of people here find that they'll go for a bit with no loss or even a minor gain and then "whoosh!!!" they seem to drop 1, 2, 3 lbs overnight! Don't stress too much - if you know you're following plan it will happen.

Congrats on your losses so far -- you're doing wonderfully!

Have you tried out fitday (www.fitday.com)?? You could check to see that your cals/carbs are where they should be for your plan. It could help you to see if it's what you're eating (something needs to be changed) or if it's just a natural 'pause' in your weightloss

hth,

Nicole
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-04, 16:02

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 275/235/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%

i don't know how many calories that you eat..just looks like a lot. especially lots of meat and also you need more vegetables. maybe relax a little on the cheese and skip the chili. my 2 cents.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 07:02
Registered Member

It seems like the only thing that will not put me over my 30 carbs a day is meat, so that is what I eat. The only veggies that do not seem to have too many carbs is my salad and some green beens. I thought we were not supposed to go hungry on this way of eating, but it seems the only way I can loose is if I starve myself again.

Yesterday I was 234, the day before that I was 236, day before that I was 233, and am 238 today. I have been on the exercise bike for that last 9 days, and have started to climb 10 stories 2x a day at work, and it seems to have not helped me at all. I lost a good amount the first month, and the second I have done nothing really. I am getting very tired of trying so hard and failing. I will give it to three months, but am not thinking positive anymore. I have cut out alot of the cheese, thought that would help, but all I do is take away more and more food.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 07:39

Plan: Atkins+coffee
Stats: 290/185/180 Male 71 inches
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 95%

You had a bad week, and examing your food choices is never a bad idea, but lets not call it a stall. The accepted definition of a stall is 4 - 6 weeks of no weight loss AND no inches lost.

--nw
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 14:01
Queen of Bouncing

Plan: Temp - PSMF
Stats: 240/198/135 Female 63"
BF:Who Knows
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywanka
It seems like the only thing that will not put me over my 30 carbs a day is meat, so that is what I eat. The only veggies that do not seem to have too many carbs is my salad and some green beens. I thought we were not supposed to go hungry on this way of eating, but it seems the only way I can loose is if I starve myself again.

Yesterday I was 234, the day before that I was 236, day before that I was 233, and am 238 today. I have been on the exercise bike for that last 9 days, and have started to climb 10 stories 2x a day at work, and it seems to have not helped me at all. I lost a good amount the first month, and the second I have done nothing really. I am getting very tired of trying so hard and failing. I will give it to three months, but am not thinking positive anymore. I have cut out alot of the cheese, thought that would help, but all I do is take away more and more food.

Firstly, you can eat a LOT of veggies and not go over 30 carbs a day. Are you subtracting the fiber (which is indigestable) from your carb count? In fact many people on here don't even count veggie carbs at all.

If you're hungry add more fat to your foods. Fats are what satisfies the appetite.

Secondly, your weight will vary from day to day, easily anywhere from 2-5 lbs depending on how much water your body is retaining (which can be affected by many things). For that reason some people advise not to weigh daily (personally I do weigh daily but that is just me, however I don't let the day-to-day swings in weight phase me).

Thirdly, if you are working out a lot your body can be swapping fat with muscle. Have you been checking measurements at all? By volume a pound of muscle is going to take up a lot less space than a pound of fat, so you can still weigh the same but have lost inches.

Just some "food for thought"

Debbie