Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-01, 22:26

Plan: none
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Question Sugar-Free Pudding/Brown Sugar Twin

I am desparately looking for Sugar-Free Jello Pudding and Brown Sugar Twin. I am not personally a low-carber but my dad is and I wanted to make him some goodies for Christmas. Does anyone know where I can find these products? I think I read that the sugar-free pudding is the same as the fat-free pudding; is that true? I am in the Ottawa area.

Also, has anyone in this area gone to Rainbow Food Store? Just wondering if it's worth the trip...

If you like Atkin's bars, I found them at Kardish Foods for $3.99. Way better than GNC which sells them for almost $5.00!!

All help appreciated!

Trinity
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-01, 13:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/147/125
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default Re: Sugar-Free Pudding/Brown Sugar Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Trinity
I am desparately looking for Sugar-Free Jello Pudding and Brown Sugar Twin. I am not personally a low-carber but my dad is and I wanted to make him some goodies for Christmas. Does anyone know where I can find these products? I think I read that the sugar-free pudding is the same as the fat-free pudding; is that true?

Yes, that is true. It does have carbs though including the cream you have to make it with. I have found both these products in most grocery stores, and brown sugar twin also at Walmart and a lot of drug stores.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-01, 14:10

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Sugar-Free Pudding/Brown Sugar Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Trinity
I am desparately looking for Sugar-Free Jello Pudding and Brown Sugar Twin. I am not personally a low-carber but my dad is and I wanted to make him some goodies for Christmas. Does anyone know where I can find these products? I think I read that the sugar-free pudding is the same as the fat-free pudding; is that true? I am in the Ottawa area.

Trinity, hi there from Ottawa.

I have found SF pudding at LOEB and A&P in many flavours (South end stores are the only ones I've checked); and yes Low Fat are the sugar free ones. They actually have about 8 carbs per packet (and IMHO they dont really taste all that great)

Brown sugar twin can be found at: Walmart (in the vitamine / supplement section) at the A&P and LOEB (with the sugar and sugar substitutes)

Never heard of the Rainbow Store; where abouts is it located?

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-01, 20:55

Plan: none
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Re: Re: Sugar-Free Pudding/Brown Sugar Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Natrushka

Never heard of the Rainbow Store; where abouts is it located?

Nat

It's in the Britannia Shopping Centre (Richmond at Carling).

Thanks for your help!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 12:56

Stats: 297/264.5/180 Female 5'8
BF:3rd/attempt/toLC
Progress: 28%

Has anyone found Sugar-Free Pudding on the West Coast of Canada?
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 13:40

Stats: 302.2/302.2/185 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

Safeways in Vancouver carry the puddding (Fat-free, which is sugar free but sweetened with aspartame). I've seen Jell-o brand (chocolate, vanilla, fudge, white chocolate etc.) with all the other package mixes. Just watch the carb counts...they can still be a bit high, especially at induction levels.

I don't really make them as pudding per se, but have used a pinch of pudding when whipping up some cream to give it flavour & help keep it from separating as quickly & found it works well.

HTH..

Wynter
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 16:10
Registered Member

Stats: 146/113/105 Female 4ft 11in
BF:
Progress: 80%

If you look in the same section, you'll find Oetker brand Light Mousse. Its lower in carbs than Jello and it makes more pudding and is so much better. Its lighter (more Mousseier) I make it with whipping cream and add about 1/2 cup of some kind of Davinci syrup and get about 4-3/4 cups servings. It comes in Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, French Vanilla and Strawberry. Oetker also make a whipping cream stabilizer called Whip It, keeps your whipping cream stiff for days.
Jello brand has 8 carbs per 1/2 c serving UNprepared, whereas Oetker is 5.7 carbs per 1/2 c serving prepared with skim milk, less made with cream and syrup added.

Last edited by itsshannon : Thu, Nov-13-03 at 16:12.