Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 06:27

Plan: CALP
Stats: 198/198/150 Female 5'7"
BF:30%/30%/20%
Progress: 0%
Default low (no) metabolism

I have been successful in the past with CALP dieting, however I had difficulty with giving up fruit for the summer and went off diet. Unfortunately I got busy at work and gave up exercise program too. I was very, very successful getting off weight, however it is now back. After one year of neglect I am back on program. However I am eatting less than 1200 calories, eliminated the carbs for two meals and tried to be faithful to water intake.

However, I know my metabolism is out of wack and not sure how to fix it.

I have started walking again, drinking water, eatting to diet and in four weeks have not shed one pound. Any suggestions as to how to kick start this diet. I need some encouragement as the frustration level is building.

Thanking everyone here for the support.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 09:49

Plan: carb addicts diet
Stats: 320/315/175
BF:too damn much
Progress: 3%

my first thought when i read your post was. How do you know how may calories you are consuming?... You shouldn't have to bother with calories on cad's.

Are you sure you are doing the cad's diet as how the diet is suggested in the book?.. Have you read the book?

I see that you have done well before on cad's but it has been a year of being away from it. Maybe there is something that you have forgotten.

I suggest to reread the book. Keep your two meals a day to Complimentary meals. (4 ounces of protein approx) w/veggies and water. REMEMBER NO MILK OR FRUIT JUICES AT THOSE TIMES.And of course no carbs...... No snacking in betweeen and have what you want (keeping in nutritious) at your reward meal.

Have you also noticed in the book that it does say you may have what you want at the reward meal but it should also be equal in the foods you eat?... eg. 1/3 carbs, 1/3 protein, etc?... i just learned that and caught that by reading the book again.

Good luck.. Just try it again. Throw out the calorie counting. Also becareful with your reward meal for a bit. You may be having too much carbs verses the others. Once you start to move a bit then you can have your reward meal a bit more rewarding!! :-)

*Peace
Bethyboo
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 09:59
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Joancourt
Bethyboo is right. You need to give your body time to reacclamate to CAD. You also need to read labels very closely for hidden sugars. Do read the list of allowed foods. Eat only those foods at CM. It's amazing what foods can stall a weight loss.

Another factor might be the time of year. We tend to hold on to our weight during the winter. As spring progresses your body will start letting go of the extra fat it stored. Give your body time.

Good luck!!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 11:57

Plan: CALP
Stats: 198/198/150 Female 5'7"
BF:30%/30%/20%
Progress: 0%
Default calorie counting with CALP

BB: I have been so determined to loose weight that I started adding up calories as well as cut out the carbs. I know that I should not be counting, however, I get so frustrated not being able to kick start this diet.

Originally I would have chocolate fudge brownie cheese cake with my reward meal. It was great to know that decatant food was allowed...and still loose weight.

Originally it would be two pounds/week. I've screwed my metabolism somehow and cant get back on track. My doctor suggested counting calories...hence combining the two diets.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 17:17

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Here's my 2 cents!

The Helller's say NOT to combine diets. Drs. are very into calorie counting and that could be your problem. Maybe 1200 cals. is not enough to motivate your body to wanting to give up the pounds. That's pretty low....and I think unnecessary.

If you did well before without trying to tweak everything....do it again and just give your body a little time to trust you again. Sounds like you've really been confusing yourself. It really should be enjoyable and not so much work.

Stay in touch. Glad you're back.

Deb
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-03, 08:42

Plan: No more
Stats: 168/177/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -39%

I had 2 different doctors tell me that I had shot my metabolism by so many years of low calorie dieting, so it has taken me a long time on LC to be able to lose. You are probably the same way. Your metabolism is screwed up and it will take it some time to "heal".

I am losing slowly, but I am losing. I have had to increase my exercise, but I definitely don't worry about the calories and my RM's are very satisfying.

Don't despair. There is hope for you.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-03, 21:38

Plan: CAD/sureslim
Stats: 275/?/190
BF:
Progress: 9%

I have only just started CADing a few weeks ago and at first my weight went up 4lbs but now that the metabolic effect is starting to happen I am beginning to lose and have now lost 4.8 lbs in the last week. Sometimes we just have to let the body do it's thing. If your caloric intake is too low your body could still be in 'diet.. panic 'mode and hanging on because it's been there before. The brain remembers and reacts accordingly. being your second time it may take longer before it begins to work.
It's frustrating isn't it?? hang in there
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 15:52
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/Atkins
Stats: 265/258/165
BF:
Progress: 7%

Wow, only 1200 calories?!?! You aren't trying to cheat on the RM, are you? I think if you are, that may only backfire in the end.

I do agree with the above posters who said you need to allow time to re-aclimate to LCing. Make sure to keep exercising and drinking that H2O!!!