Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 06:30
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%
Default Virgin Margarita

OK-

I totally wasn't thinking. I went out to dinner two days ago and got a frozen virgin margarita. It just NOW hit me that the sucker probably had carbs in it that I just didn't think about. Good thing I only drank half. I looked on the web and got a couple of recipes for virgin margaritas so I could put the ingredients in fitday. However, I cannot find any information on the mix used.

Most recipes I looked at were:

.5 oz lime juice-1 carb
.5 oz orange juice (YIKES)-2 carbs
sweet and sour mix-have no idea

Anyone have some mix around they could look at for me or know how bad the mix is? I did not have the salt-so at least that part was good, and I got it frozen so there was a lot of ice.

Sometimes I wonder where my brain is.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 09:58

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey Paleo,

In my view, I don’t think you should fret over having unwittingly taken in an extra carb or two, even if it is from orange juice.

It is expected that we may regress and slip every once in a while. As long the occasional slip doesn’t eventually lead to an influx of daily high-carb binging, I don’t see anything too amiss especially since there isn’t any irreversible harm done. The way I think of it is sort of like this. When I was in high school, I got a C in Geometry. To a high school student with college aspirations, this was quite disconcerting. I was visibly troubled, and clearly concerned emanated from my expression that everyone around me easily noticed that something was very wrong. Then, I suddenly realized in 50 years, no one will care or remember that I received a C in Geometry—the only that matters will be what I have accomplished.

Just my view,

Frederick

Last edited by Frederick : Mon, Mar-17-03 at 10:07.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 13:17

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 20/08/00 Female 5'10"
BF:not/low/enough
Progress: 60%

I agree. I would put too much worry into it. Just move forward.

I think there is a Low-carb Margarita mix on the Atkins website.
I love them too!! But haven't tried any recipies yet.

Good luck with your search.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 16:38
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Thanks guys!

It isn't so much that I am fretting. I realize these things happen. It is more that I want to be accurate in fitday. Mostly it is my anal retentive nature comming through. I can probably just use the lime and orange juice as written and that would cover it-after all I only drank half.