Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 10:52

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know
Progress: 29%
Default Hey discouraged newbies!!!

I just felt it was my civic duty to tell ya'll this. I did my two-week induction, no difference either on the scale OR in my clothes. I was in agony over not getting to eat my carbs.

I was ready to give up and get some cookies. But I didn't, and magically, this week #3, I've started to lose both. Woosh is a common phrase here for a reason. I was down to 131.5 the other day, and I lose weight about as fast as a snail crawls across town.

So Stick With It! It will work!!!!!! The carb cravings have vanished, I'm way less hungry, etc., etc.

BTW, I've been trying to lose these last stubborn few lbs. since JANUARY, and nothing has worked until now. I'm riding this train all the way, I can just feel it!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 13:04
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nice post! It is slower for some and since you don't have much to lose... you would be slower even.

Average weightloss to expect would be 10% of the amount you wish to lose during induction and 5% each month after.

But this is just an average. Also make sure to take measurements because with low carbing you burn more fat and look better quicker then any other eating plan I have seen. So many of us are in smaller sizes at higher weights then expected.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 09:39
Urban Jungle Denizen

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/165/150 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Yup...

I'm closing in on week 2 - and absolutely no difference at all!

But - I feel more energetic, and in a better mood.

And I know this WOE works, because this is my 2nd go at it - I fell off the wagon for a few months, but prior to that I lost 25 lbs.

So no discouragement here!

It is important to remember - there is no magic wand, no easy fix. This is a lifestyle change, so be ready to be in it for the long run...