Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 10:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/225/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question Induction again?

Hi all. I have a quick question for anyone that can help.

For the last 2 1/2 days I have had the flu. I could'nt keep anything down the first day and the other 2 days was mostly broth. I am worried that I just put my body in starvation mode by not being able to eat. I only had about 600 calories in 2 days. Drinking my water was a big no-no so I did'nt even get that in.

So what I'm wondering is should I restart induction since I was not eating right or should I just continue with the way I have be lcing? I just added the extra 5 grams last Monday so it's not too big of a deal if I have to go back on induction, but I sure would miss my extra veggies.

Any advice would be very welcome. I have been doing so well and except for the flu feel GREAT. Thanks!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 10:39
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Lisa:

Just carry on as you were. No reason to re-start Induction unless you've re-gained weight or are intolerant to higher levels of carbs.

Our bodies are adaptable to getting sick. Just make sure you get back to eating enough food.

Hope you are feeling better.

Last edited by wcollier : Sun, Jan-26-03 at 10:40.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 10:44
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Don't worry about it and just go back to the way you were eating. Starvation mode takes much longer than 2 days to kick in!

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 11:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/225/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Thank you

This is why I love this forum. Everyone is so helpful. Every day I learn something new about my new WOL. I figured it took longer for the starvation mode to kick in, but wanted to be sure.

I did'nt really want to but I did have 2 scrambled eggs this morning and I am back to drinking my water. After being sick I can't get enough of it. I think that is why I am having a hard time wanting to eat yet, but I will. Maybe not as much today, but by tomorrow I think.

I am feeling better today, just a little tired still. I miss that energy that I've always had since I started lcing.

Thanks for the advice.

Lisa