Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 12:12
HELP!!!

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/175/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 56%
Default which plan?

Ok, I have been on Atkins since august 2001. I have been maintanted since last dec. I have gone back to induction 2 times but have only lost 2 -3 pounds. should I switch plans? I haven't gained anything but haven't lost either. Yesterday I noshed all day long... Not hugery just didn't feel like doing anything lol. First time I did that in umm ages. Anyway I was reading different books reviews online but I thought it better tyo pose the question to all of the LC's out here. any and all comments more then welcome. thanks Stacey
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 13:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Have you looked at the "Which low-carb plan is right for me?" book-mark to the right of this message?

If you are following Atkins by the book, you might be eating something that you are allergic to, you might be eating more sugars/carbs than you think, you may not be eating enough calories or not enough carbs. So many factors!

Unfortunately we can't tell you which one is best for you - Atkins is best for me - I need strictness! Protein power, schwarzbein, and CAD/CALP seem to popular programs.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 20:03

Stats: 219/205/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Talking Hi Stacy

Personally if it were me I'd really consider going back on Atkins induction. And really being strict about it. I think that you need a booste to get you going and the induction really gives you a kickstart. You have done well keeping the weight off so long and it is easy once you lose a lot of weight to "fall of the wagon" so to speak. But I really would think of trying the induction of Atkins though. Good Luck
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 20:05

BF:
Post Okay

Okay I see you said you have gone back on induction two other times ,but lost very little. Were you strict?? I mean did you stick it to the letter? If not I'd give it another go. If you did stick to it strictly.. maybe look at the other plans.. best wishes
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 11:08
HELP!!!

BF:

maybe I am not eating enough. I know that might sound silly, but I know that I never seem to eat enough. I get fully and that is that. I know I eat more when I first started atkins so long ago. I will start all over again thanks for the encouragement. I really want to lose more. It has been really easy for me to keep off this weight I just want to lose more of my gut.thanks again. stacey
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 12:43

BF:
Default Stacy

You are lucky in that you are maintaing it easily. That is my biggest problem. I know I can lose it,but to maintain is very hard. I gain so easily!! I hate it and it gets me frustrated and makes me wanna give up. But I know I cannot. I'm starting over on induction today,because I'm up 3lbs. I got a little too comfortable after my 2wk induction and christmas and stuff made me go overboard. So today I feel like crap .. Starting from square one! Oh well, hopefully going back on a more strict plan for me will make me learn proper portions and carb counts. My prob is I eat wayy too large of portions. Good Luck!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 15:07
HELP!!!

BF:

what a pair we are you eat too much and I eat to little. I can't lose and you are up. Ok I am going back strict again too. lets check in on each other.