Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 17:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 242/242/205
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default i need vitamin help

i just started induction 4 days ago no cheating not even salad just a couple of diet rites and no purple stix just pale pink i have been drinking plenty of water. but my legs have bad cramps i got this high energy pack from costco should i be useing these on induction they contain vit c-- multi/mineral--ginseng--- vit e -- calciums --and chromium picolinate. thanks tony
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 18:26

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Potassium will help stop the leg cramps. Don't worry about the sticks, they'll just make you worry more than you are.

A good multivitamin is just fine.

Go ahead and eat your induction veggies. Salad is good for you - eat it in the correct amount while you are on induction.

And lastly, relax - this works!

Last edited by IdahoSpud : Sat, Feb-07-04 at 18:27.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 20:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Tony light pink on your ketostix is good! Take that as a very positive sign.

I have had problems with cramps too and they are unbearably painful. To ease cramps I suggest a good multi vitamin and add 500mg. of calcium a day. 3X per week add 550 mg. of potassium, and 250 mg. of magnesium. I also add 400 iu of vitamin E 3X per week.

If you are prone to cramps, these supplements should definitely eliminate them.

Good luck - Orchid
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 20:18

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I haven't had leg cramps since I started taking Potassium. I take 6 a day. Good luck.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 20:49
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Any color change on the sticks means you ar ein ketosis. It's like saying the positive sign on the pregnancy test is faint, lets get more pregnant Also the dark purple coul dmean you are dehydrated and the keotenes are more concentrated. Those are also just excess keotenes. If you are working out, then you will be burning the keotenes for energy.

Eat your salad. The fiber and vitamins found in veggies is a must. The diet rites may also cause problems for some people. FOr a few people anything sweet causes an insulin reaction. that's an individual thing though and I think a small percentage. Diet sodas though can dehydrate you. Make sure to drink your water and don't use soda as a repalcement for water.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 18:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 242/242/205
BF:
Progress: 0%

thanks for all your help leg cramps are much better