Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 18:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 524/524/325 Male 71"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default anyone else tried these things

I was never a real big sweets person, but the occasional cinnamon roll or something similar was tasty at times. The other evening I stopped at a convienence store for a salad and qt of water, as I walked down the isle I seen a shelf with a lot of different low carb type bars.

Then I seen it Doctor's Carbrite Diet bar in Frosted Cinnamon Bun flavor, pricy at a buck an ounce but I had to try it, This thing was terrific, the taste was real and it hit the spot after being on the plan for 9 weeks, what a treat.

Lowdown on the bar 23grams total carb with less than 1 fiber and 20grams of sugar alc. The label says 2.5 net carb in a 2 ounce bar with 21 grams of protien.

Manufactured by Universal nutrition, new brunswick NJ.
Just noticed a website on the label www.universalNutrition.com

It is exciting to see that there are products out there that make this plan so enjoyable and unboring.

Also had 3 tablespoons of Almonds the other night. I love nuts and this was also a welcome treat.

Dave
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 19:03
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

I love cinnamon in anything. I have a mock danish every morning for breakfast just for the cinnamon I put on top! (Kinda true!)
I will try these cinnamon bars when I can find them. If you are not familiar with the "other" side effects many people find when eating sugar alcohol sweetened things, do not go far from the john if you eat more than one!

I can do 3 pieces of sf mint and who needs laxatives!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 19:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 524/524/325 Male 71"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I haven't noticed these terrible things yet, I find that a few stalks of celery are a mighty powerful thing sometimes.

Oh well at this point I'll take weight loss any way I can get it.

All in the name of progress.

dave
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 19:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

In my opinion, Carbrite makes the best of the low carb bars. I have had some brands that I'd swear were asphalt.

I don't eat em' anymore - they got to be too much of a habit. But the little blue Carbrite crispy caramel was probably equivalent to a real candy bar in taste. Chelli likes the chocoloate crisp, rather similar to a nestle crunch. I kidn of figured that if I wasn't eating a candy bar a day pre-LC, why should I be doing it now?

--Scott (they didn't bog me down much, tho).
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-03, 22:04
Contributing Member

Plan: ???
Stats: ???/???/??? Female ???
BF:
Progress: 10%

I'll be on the lookout for these bars if only for the (ahem) other side effects.

I can't believe I just typed that.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 09:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 343/295/160 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 26%

Yes, the low carb candy bars can be truely a treat! I've had a couple of them that I didn't like, but most of them are pretty good. The best thing is that they are REAL chocolate, just without the sugar. Anyways... like other people on here, they really became a BAD BAD HABIT for me, so I try to stay away from them as much as possible. However, recently I've picked up an addiction for these LifeSaver CreamSavers in Chocolate/Caramel flavor. Bad Joni!

Hope that you all have a great Thanksgiving. I'm off to New Orleans tonight!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 09:51

Plan: Atkins cheat free
Stats: 313/167/164 Female 69 inches
BF:who knows
Progress: 98%

I have a soy allergy so I have to avoid all the low carb candies and bars as they all contain soy. This is a real blessing when it comes to avoiding the sugar alcohol addiction many low carbers develop to replace their high carb addiction.

Mister E since you love cinnamon you might want to look at getting a bottle of cinnamon oil so you can save the carbs in your cinnamon.

Happy low carbing to y'all