Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 00:11
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 164/164/150 Female 64
BF:164/164/150
Progress: 0%
Default what now

ok this was weigh in morning. I have stopped weighing every day as it was stressfull. This is the start of week 4. weight loss last week 0.
I am so depressed it feels like a week wasted.
What am I doing wrong. It has been longer then a week as I lost 8lb in the first 12 days.I am determind not to give up this woe as I feel so much better I think I will cut my fat intake what do you all think.But my sister says it's the fat that makes you lose weight Dhuuuu.can anyone explain this in layman terms. By the way my stiks are still purple.
I think I need to drink more water I keep forgetting GOD I WANT TO BE THINNER!!!!!!!

Fiona
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 01:46

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi Fiona

Sorry to hear that you stayed the same this week, but that often happens. You lost 8 pounds and your body is sorting itself out ready for the next loss.

You do not keep a journal, so I've got no knowledge of your daily menus. What you need to bear in mind is that whilst keeping your carbs around 30 g you should keep your calories around 1500 - 1700 depending upon how much exercise you get. That may mean cutting back on some of the fat you eat.

I currently weigh 172 pounds and I have recently had to reduce my calorie intake to ensure that I continue losing. You do need enough calories and you need fat to help you burn your own fat, but if you supply to much fat then there is no need for your body to use its own reserves. The fact that the ketosticks are purple just means you are burning fat. It does not discriminate between body and eaten fat.

I'm about to go away on holiday. I hope to read more positive news when I get back.