Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 20:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/220/180
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default no loss in first week

Well, what can I say. I've been on the induction diet for one week now and have not seen any results. I've been real strict, but nothing. I'll try it for at least 6 weeks before I throw in the towel.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 21:32

Stats: 242/236/160
BF:
Progress: 7%

Yeah, it's hard isn't it. You hear all these wonderful success stories from others. I started on November 25 then broke it for T/day. In the first three days I lost 7 pounds, then since then I keep putting it on, taking it off, putting it on, but never going as low as that original 7 pounds and sometimes going up as high as only a two pound loss (okay, I get on the scales too often).

I certainly won't throw in the towel, but I agree it's disheartening.

Keep going......start a journal.....list what you eat, let others come up with solutions for you.

Good luck

Kerry
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 21:40

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Have you started a journal? Post everything that you eat or drink there, sometimes it is the little things that add up and you might not even realize it until you see it written down. Also, it is the best way for other members to give you suggestions, comments, critiques, and applause.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 23:19
Registered Member

Stats: 320/295/190
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hard to believe, you usually lose water wieght or something, sounds like good idea to post what you have been eating. Do you still have food cravings, hunger pains ? Don't get discouraged, you can do it.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 06:39
HELP!!!

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/175/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 56%

the first 2 weeks I found always to be the hardest. some foods that you eat may also be making you retain water. Once I passed the induction phase and I was on the treadmill I seemed to lose half a pound every day or every other day. Keep up the good work. I also am addicted to the scale. It has kept me on track not to gain the passed year I wasn't following strict. each morning and night I know what the range I should be in. I know I am insane. But it does keep me in line not to gain gain gain.