Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 08:34

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know
Progress: 29%
Default Mini-goals Anyone? Need To Get Motivated!

I REALLY want to get to my mini-goal, but I haven't really been losing at all...

My plan is to get LOTS of exercize over the next two and a half weeks. Five days of gym time, for sure, and I'm hoping to be a lot more active on weekends w/ my new used bike... What else? Cutting out the low-carb chocolate bars, try to cut out one of my snacks. I need to accept that I never lose any weight unless I really feel a little bit inconvenienced (sweaty and without chocolate). You know those people who will get on a scale one day after not weighing themselves for a few months and say 'hey, I lost five pounds'? Well, that's not me. I'm either the same, or more, even when I think I'm trying quite hard.

Anyone else in a similar place, and worried that they won't get to their next mini-goal without gearing up?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 08:47
Zora

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I have set a goal of 252 lbs by May 23, 2003. I'm not sure if I will get there, that's a lot more to lose in a month, but I am going to try my hardest. My boyfriend and I have a long distance relationship right now, and he is coming to visit from Chicago Memorial Day weekend. He hasn't seen me since the beginning of April, since before I started this WOL, so I want him to say.. wow, look at you!

Last edited by Zora : Mon, Apr-28-03 at 08:58.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 08:55

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default My minis

My next mini goal is to be 135 lbs by summer. I am now down to 142 lbs. If the old body continues its pattern, I should be 141 or even 140 by the first week of May. Then I will have blood work done to prove to the world that I am not clogging my arteries. My next goal is to be close to 125 lbs by the Thanksgiving. and be on maintenance. I don't plan to start a serious exercise program until after May, when school is out.

Black57
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 09:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/186/190 Male 72 inches
BF:21
Progress: 109%

I think I'm like you orzabelle, except for the fact that you are already so close to your goal.... I think many of us envy you for that and also admire you for wanting to fine tune your body.
But yes, you have to get sweaty, especially for you to achieve those last pounds you need to get off. The bike works great for a long sustained workout. I think I get better results from real biking than stationary or treadmill workouts. Being outside also helps take away some of the boredom. I would think that adding an hour of that activity a day, 5 days/week would be very beneficial.
My current goal is to be at my goal for the family 4th of July picnic.
That is when I will see the folks I haven't seen for a year. It is my anticipation of that event that serves me as inspiration when I need it and keeps me on track. After that, goal reached or not, I will find a new one with new inspirations.
T.