Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 20:40

Plan: Semi-Vegeterian LCer
Stats: 375/000/220 Female 5'5
BF:45%
Progress: 242%
Default Learning to Walk like a skinny person

I have wobbled for a while now, but now I am having to learn how to walk down the steps right, straight ahead instead of to the side. I have to teach myself how to not wobble. I haven't lost that much weight, but I look alot thinner than I did. I used to have people say to me all the time, "I know someone bigger than you...Now I'm hearing, I know someone much bigger than you." I'm happy for the changes. Can't wait to see my life completely changed. One month down, more to go...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 20:45

Plan: Atkins/keto
Stats: 246/237.6/118 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 7%
Smile

How great for you!!! I know what you mean. I don't remember how to be thin anymore either. It has been way too long since I was a normal weight!! I look forward to seeing you reach goal! Stephie
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 22:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 276.2/276.2/140 Female 5'5 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I think it is so cool you are walking differently! This WOL does so many things for us, it never ceases to amaze me. A new, confident posture and step is a great by-product. Your head must be riding a bit higher as well.

I have been large so long that I cannot remember what it must be like to walk another way.

Good thoughts to you!

Lori
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 23:07
Registered Member

Stats: 570/218/175 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 89%

That is great I was just joking with someone a few Weeks ago that I am a Duck because of all the waddle My Mom commented last Week I was walking better I hope so.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 07:52

Plan: Atkins/Rosedale
Stats: 244/216/165 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 35%

That's too funny but true too. I am waiting for the day I can go through a turnstile(however you spell it) without wiggling. I would like to hit it dead on and walk straight through!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 08:30
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I year ago I had to walk down the steps one step at a time, putting both feet on a step before going down to the next step. Now I can run up and down the stairs! It feels great!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 14:56

Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

me I am liking the concept of crossing my legs and not guy style! I used to be able to wrap my one leg around the other. . .in the last 12 yrs I haven't been able to do more than put my ankle on my knee (guy style leg cross) now when I am on the couch I can totally cross them! Next step doing it in a real chair. redawn
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 16:34

Plan: My Own
Stats: 285/268/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Good going, leasmom! You're on your way and I know that's a great feeling.

And I agree with you redawn, I can't wait until I can cross my legs like a girlie-girl, and not just ankle over knee, guy-style. I've even been at the point where I kind of had to pick up my leg at the ankle to bring it over my knee. I can now at least get it up there on my own. I guess that's progress.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 11:12

Stats: 240/184/140 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:lost track
Progress: 56%
Default Three cheer to ya!!!

I am sooo happy for you Leasmom! I hope it continues! I love the transformation! I now can cross my legs without needing a crowbar to get them undone...LOL! Whew it was hard work. And I know all to well about the stairs with one foot at time.

It's these transformations that make it worthwhile though! I get a higher "high" from these changes than I ever did from a candy bar!

Keep us posted of any new results they are an inspiration!!!

Be blessed!
Tanya
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 11:22

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Oh how I used to dread steps 16 months ago...

Besides leaving me winded and our of breath, just a short run of stairs would leave my knees aching and throbbing.

Fast forward to yesterday when I realized I was trotting down four flights of stairs while holding a laundry basket full of clothes without even holding the handrail!

It's good to take notice of the small changes as they occur, leasmom. It really adds to the motivation.

Good luck!

Donald
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 11:57

Default Wow, trotting down stairs with a basket full of laundry

And here I am just happy I'm I can touch my toes without cutting off my circulation-LOL!

Today, it still hurt a little to walk straight ahead, but I am on my way...I am so grateful for Atkins...yeehaw!!!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 08:41
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Though just starting on my way back down in weight and back up in health, I can already tell a difference in my ability to walk. Now, I still can't walk around the block yet; I still can't do a great number of "normal" things without serious discomfort or running so completely out of breath it scares me to no end. But I can walk to the places I have been struggling with in the past far better now.

This works as long as I work it.

Know what I want? To be able to walk around the block.

For starters.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 10:47

Default That's all that counts...

Today I stuffed myself into a size 34 pants compared to the size 38 I was wearing. I can breathe in them and I walked down the stairs today kind of straight, though I took the elevator back up to my class. I feel like hey, in two weeks, these might be too big on me and I might be hopping down the steps, so the little stuff does matter!!!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 13:51
Registered Member

Stats: 306/275/155 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 21%

I'm looking forward to leaving behind forever that excruciating moment in a new restaurant-you know, when the waitperson leads you and your party to a booth and you have to stand there and pray that you'll fit?? Or when you avoid outside eating places in the summer because you don't know for sure if their patio chairs will hold you? I haven't had an incident where I didn't fit or when the chair broke-but it's something I dread and I'm tired of dreading.