Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 21:27

Plan: Atkins/Low Carb
Stats: 242/207/180 Male 5'9"
BF:Unknown
Progress:
Default Here we go.....

Hi,
I am new to the forum, and wanted to leave a post for other people who might be a little bit lost.

I have been on Atkins for about 3 months now. I was 242 when I started, and I am now almost 200. My goal is 180.

I have not had my blood checked, and I can't say if I am up or down. I was thinking about having this done, but am not sure where to start.

I think there is a Berstein clinic a block from work, do they do this kind of thing?

I am eating low carb, but I don't have enough variety. I need to have more salads and vegetables, but it is pretty far out of the way to get these things.

I am also a picky eater which limits me even more. It is weird. I love certain foods and detest others. Before the AFL I was drinking 3 or more liters of Pepsi everyday, skipping breakfast, having a high carb lunch, and eating junk all night.

Things are improving now though. I drink lots of water, some diet 7-up. I have bacon and eggs for breakfast, small ammount of fruit or nuts for snacks. I often miss lunch or just have some nuts (somthing I will be changing). Dinner is usually meat or a low carb tortilla wrap. I need to ad more salad in. I am also thinking of limiting carbs after 6pm to 2 or 3 carbs maximum.

Does this sound like you? Any advice? I'm basically looking to meet some people who are also new on the plan, but are looking for a little more discussion about bad habits. Feel free to email me, I'd love to hear from you.

Steve
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 06:03

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

You have lost 35 pounds in 3 months, sounds like you are doing great. Try for more veggies, take a multivitamin, drink lots of water. Start a journal, it is an excellent way to track your progress and interact with other members. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 08:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

You have made a huge number of changes, Steve. You might want to try looking at some of the recipes posted on the site or that people put in their journals (mine for instance!) to give more variety to your diet.

Good luck!

Diane
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 08:27

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

wow..you are doing great. Must learn to like salads... also are you taking a good vitamin? you should be! keep it up! i am only 1 week into this and still havent weighed myself..tomorrow i will.