Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-26-03, 22:08
Contributing Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 36/23.42/10 Female 64  inches
BF:160/151/120
Progress: 48%
Default After Christmas Induction

Hi..

Just wondering how many out there cheated during the Christmas Holiday and are restarting Induction?

I cheated for 2 days and gained 10 lbs!(mostly bloat Im sure) Im actually looking forward to Induction with relief and with no intention of going off plan again. I was feeling great low-carbing and felt soooooooooooooo SICK after going off plan..its enough to convince me to stick with the lowcarbing.

Better believe it I'll be planning a low-carb dinner for Easter. lol.

Last edited by time2shine : Fri, Dec-26-03 at 22:10.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-26-03, 22:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 231/172/175 Male 70 inches
BF:30%/19%/17%
Progress: 105%

It is mostly water, and will drop off in a week as long as you go low carb (you don't need to go all induction).

One thing to keep in mind is that feeling tired and sick after cheating does not really mean carbs are that bad. It means you just significantly changed your diet and your body could not tolerate the change. Same thing happens on a high carb, low fat diet when you go and grab a burger. This is why Atkins suggests you add carbs slowly as you approach induction. It also builds up some carb/water stores so if you eat carbs for a day you don't suddenly add ten pounds of water.

brobin
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-26-03, 22:53
Contributing Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 36/23.42/10 Female 64  inches
BF:160/151/120
Progress: 48%
Default ahhhhh..

Thanks for the info brobin!! I hope it falls off soon Im miserable with this extra weight and all my clothes are tight. Blah.

Congrats on your weight loss and meeting/exceeding goal!

All the way down from 231...wtg!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 00:38
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Check out the challenges forum. There is a January fat flush/Atkins KISS challange for those wanting to get rid of the holiday bloat
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 02:09
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

Hello-I'm a cheater and bloated up ten or so pounds myself! Today was my first induction day-and I passed without cheating! I get to stay away from work for the weekend, so should be fine by Monday and ready for any challenge.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-27-03, 07:08

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

I admit to eating real cookies on Christmas and the next day but only had a 1 pound gain on scales and I think it's water... still I do try to live induction as my weight comes off faster... today is our last Christmas party btu I dont think there will be anything tempting thankfully so I will be a very good girl today. plus I have the flu...am kind of hoping it'll make me lose my appetite!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 21:05
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Just got home from a no holds barred, eat everything in sight quick trip to visit both sides of the family. I'll put it this way: my mil was the queen of baking, and now that she's gone, my sil has taken on the mantel and crown. 5 pies, 4 types of cookies, 2 types of FUDGE (all homemade). Add to that the other two bakers in the family, each of whom brought a MINIMUM of 4 different types of cookies! Yes, 12 types in all! AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! Add to that the "wonderful" salad (greens and dried cherries and apples and sugared almonds and other sweet stuff and sweet dressing.) And when we were leaving to visit my sisters, "oh, you HAVE to take these...and these...and these...and these...and these...and these...and these! And are you sure you won't take 2 pies instead of just 1?" (Keep in mind: she knows I LC and both my sisters are diabetics... I don't think she's consciously trying to undermine us, I think she was desperate to get rid of things and was raised NEVER to THROW FOOD AWAY.)

Oh, well, I haven't set foot on the scale yet, and won't until Saturday (my weigh and measure date for the month.) No matter how ugly that reading is, I'll post it honestly and have it as my new start. Here's to working toward goal in '04!

Jude