Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 19:21

Plan: General LC-ing
Stats: 145/127/120
BF:BMI 23.7
Progress: 72%
Question Any more "GO" followers still out there?

Wow! After reading the different plans I thought the Go diet
was the best for me and almost the way I eat already.
Then I came over here to find some "goers"and they seem to
have all gone! Come Back I need you!
greentea
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 09:09

Plan: Eclectic
Stats: 205/190/145
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Hi

Hello Greentea. I GO and add in some PP and tidbits from elsewhere...the eclectic LCer. But I do identify as a GO person. And I'm new...and I could use much support and conversation...and hope you will be in touch. Jo
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 22:31

Hi Locajo
LOL, I love the term eclectic LC-er
Hey I finally have a GO person...I'm thrilled.
It's been working for me and like u I do modify
and incorporate other things.
Lots of tuna, water, yogart, water, veggies, water, eggs
sugar free jello, water, meat and cheese, fish and oh yea.....
did I mention water
It will be great chatting with u. I need all the support I can get too.
greentea
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 00:47

BF:
Default YEA!!!!!

GT,

I'm so happy to see you're so happy to see me and and and...it'll be great having someone who gets it! I just quit WW after 6 months...duh, it didn't work for me. I have about oh say 45 lbs to lose now. I'm three days back LC and doing ok I think. I lost 5 lbs in water over the last few days. I know it's water...but after losing and gaining the same 5 lbs for the last 3 months it was an absolute joy to see the scale at 185...the miracle 10% of starting body weight!! I'm keeping a journal in the Journal thing-y. Do you? Guess I could go search. I've been re-reading PP and doing all the calculations and am about to start on the GO book.

I eat full fat yummy yogurt with cyclamate from canada and often berries...blue, rasp, straw. My mil has a business selling starters for fermented milk products from around the world. Fili from Sweden, creme fraishe (sp), and the snot-like one from Finland (might be fili). Also kefir and regular ole yogurt. I am going to give her a call and have her send me the starters. If you like I will get the contact for you. And I drink and drink and drink...at least 3 ltrs, often more, of water...and that doesn't count the coffee or soda or evening glass of wine ala PP (it's a healthy habit...just ask the French who eat butter everything and have red wine with meals. (Could be cuz the water is bad, huh?)

Anyway, I am GREAT at typing ears off so don't let my verbosity intimidate. Let's lean on each other! Thanks for responding! Jo
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 13:34

Hey Jo,
U r 2 funny
Looked for u this a.m., u must have still been sleeping. I
4-get about the time differences
Ahhhhh a wine drinker on top of it, U r 2 good 2 be true, LOL
My usual habit is 1 maybe 2 glasses of vino a night. I think its
what has kept my cholesterol low and my face wrinkle free, lol.
I haven't had any in almost 2 months...wanted to rid my body of
sugars but now that I'm a recovered sweetaholic I think I can
go back to my wine. With all this meat and cheese I'll need it
for my cholesterol
Hey we are almost the same age, we'll have to see each other through menapause too
Congatulations on the 5 lbs.
Water or not, a loss is a loss! I've never appreciated peeing so
much
I go into yogart mania! I've been known to buy several cases at
a time. I don't have a copy of the GO anymore so I'm GOing (hee,hee) to the library and see if there's a copy in until I can get 2 a bookstore. We can read it together and discuss
check 4 u later....I'm so glad you're here!
greentea
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 14:11

BF:
Default Hi

hehe Thank you...it's nice when someone else is laughing at my smart mouth besides me! Are you Central or Eastern Zone? I am usually online off and on all day, but at work I don't usually log in here. Always on a.m. (7-9 PDT) and evenings at varying time. It's either 2 or 3 hours earlier here than Ohio.

I am just beginning to make the wine a daily habit. I have wanted to for a long time. I am especially fond of a medium dry red...merlot, shiraz, etc. I started my first batch of homemade blackberry wine about a month ago. Learning ALL about delayed gratification, as it is a 6-12 month process til it is at it's best. So far it is tasting pretty good! And it is real pretty!

so what year were you born? Sagitarius, and liking to move about...Ohio, for now!!! Stands to reason...if you can put astrology and reason in the same sentence! I grew up in the Midwest. No mountains, ocean, or clear running water in NE/IA so I am here in WA for the duration, probably.

Ugh, this whole perimenopause thing SUCKS! I will be EXTREMELY happy for a pal to assist me through all that!

The GO book club discussion sounds GREAT! Such a SANE way to eat!!! Not like atkin's...poo poo (sadly there is not a nose in the air snob smiley because I would put it here). And while I do not subscribe too much to the blood type stuff (too complicated) I do eat mostly for the 0 type (mine) and I can sure see where it helps!

OK. DH waiting for me to go assist with a job. Talk soon.

Jo
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 14:38

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 181/157/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Hey guys...

Could you tell me what the scoop is with the yogurt ? I noticed that (from their website) the yogurt is the only carb besides veggies they recommend. I can't find the book, still watching half.com. I have so many books, don't want to pay full price for another!

I was claiming Atkins, but was more like a NeanderThin. I like the idea of whole foods. I was having problems with tiredness, so thought I would try Schwarzbein, adding more carbs of a starchy sort and while I had more energy, I was also schizo! Some other posters suggested more carbs of the veggie sort instead of starch, but I can't eat too many more of those, you know what I mean? (Except Deb pointed out Avocado has more carbs than most greenies, so I'm trying that)

I started craving junk for the first time since I started Atkins, 7-8 and had Oreo cookies earlier today. I haven't been tempted to cheat with garbage at all until today, and with my mood a bit of a depressed state, I caved. I guess I just have to face the fact that I should never eat grains (even sprouted), potatoes, etc again. Poison to me.

Anyway, I'm trying to glean what I can from you guys as to what the plan entails, and can you tell me how your energy levels are? and if you exercise, and if so, how much. How is you rate of weight loss?

Didn't mean to butt in here, I'm just struggling to find something that I can continually (even if slowly) lose on and feel some pep! I had great energy Friday, but can't do it if I have those cravings and mood swings!

Thanks for your help, and yours in an earlier post, Greentea.

Amy

p.s. I just ordered the book from Half.com, should have it in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by Janeydi : Sat, Aug-31-02 at 14:54.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 14:54

Jo,
If its not the water making me pee its going 2 b u because i'm
laughing so hard.
So, u peeked at my profile...lol
Actually, I'm on the "cusp" and more of a scorpio but with the
sensible traveling habits of a sagitarius. (people reading this
thread are going to think we're two loony tunes) but they already do since we're Go'ers.
You make you're own wine!!!!! I'm so impressed Merlot,
one of my top fav's. Had it for the first time in a French restaurant
in Carmel and we bonded immediately.
I'm Eastern time, although some would say I've been in my own zone for years.......
I spent the majority of my life living with the pacific or atlantic
just outside my window... for now lake erie will have to do Really though, I've seen waves on L. Erie that
are huge... maybe that's why people refer to it as the "North Shore." Good enough to feed my inner spirit that needs to be near water
I'm online weekdays about 6:30 a.m., then a quick check of things around 4:30p.m., then on around 11:30p.m. Weekends
I'm on and off with the wind. So we'll be able to keep up with
daily whining.
You're turn...
greentea (57)
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 15:22

HI Janeydi,
Good to hear from u again!
We must have been typing at the same time.
You know, I have soooo much more energy since I cut out the starchy "comfort" carbs. I work 12 1/2 hour days 5 days a week
and although I get "normal" tired, I don't feel like i'm a lead weight by noon like I used to when I worked 6 1/2 hour days and was in bed by 7p.m. I think if I start back on CLA I'll even boost
the energy level higher AND remain ephdrine free
Your'e not Butting in We need all the goers we can get....
Right, Jo lol
Avacados are GREAT, I even stuff them with tuna
Yogart has carbs but the bacteria in it neutralizes them Did I explain that right, JO (Take over here
) I think Jo is far more knowledgable about yogart, I just
love it and it works for me and it's soooo good 4 u!
So Janeydi, are you thinking about Go-ing or are you mixing it
with another LC plan? When will your book come?
I better get to the library before you ladies are too far ahead of me. Be back here in about 30min.....
greentea
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 15:53

BF:
Default Oh that's right...

I remember seeing a post about it taking more energy to digest yogurt carbs or something like that... My book should get here within 2 weeks, but with the holiday, who knows.

I always (the 2 times I've done it )feel great initially on a low-carb WOE, but then I start dragging. That's why I started looking for some 'tweakages'. The burst of energy I felt after eating 1 slice of sprouted grain bread, 1 cup raspberries and 1/2 sweet potato in one day leads me to believe my fatigue is due to not enough carbs. I need to find good carbs that will give me energy but not make me go over the edge. It's a fine line I (we) walk.

I really was LOW carb before I had done that. Some days eating berries, but it always caused me to gain a little, so I would cut back again. I've never been a big fan of veggies, although I am trying! I did have a big spinach/avocado/bacon salad for lunch with some chicken soup.

I don't have much in my journal here because I'm soooo tired of food occupying my every waking moment, know what I mean? I can become obsessed with it, and felt I needed to take a step back. But the tiredness brought me back. Need to find what works, and I'm not there yet!

Jo, I'm interested in the yogurt starters that you mentioned. I like to buy the organic yogurt here, but I think they stopped carrying it, I haven't bought it since I started LC again (8-8) and I don't see it in the store anymore. I always believed it was good for you, too. I can still buy OG milk, so maybe I can make my own.

I'm thinking I will try GO, starting tomorrow, (with the regular yogurt I can get) for 1 week. (unless I start ballooning again)

Thanks again for your input,

Amy
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 16:43

Hey Jo and Jan
Have you checked out
www.go-diet.com
yet? lots of recipes, info, chat, etc....
tried to join the chat but someone else already has the name
greentea Of all the nerve
so if you log on its not me on there
I'll have to come up with a name that's not used yet...
been trying that for 15 min.
I've already printed out a lot of stuff. Library has to order book for me but I may order through their web site.
greentea

Last edited by greentea : Sat, Aug-31-02 at 21:53.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-02, 09:20

BF:
Default AAAACCK!!!!

Oh MAAAAN! Last night I typed this amazingly long reply to you Amy and it's NOT HERE!!!!!!! I'm going to see if it went someplace else before I try to synopsize it! Be back eventually...

Jo
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-02, 10:26

Hey Locajo,
I think u clicked thread instead of reply.....(happens)
When u figure out all that journal transfer I'll do it even
though I have a "journal phobia" I cook by throwing things in
dash of this dash of that blaa blaa blaa (I cook very little)
so "counting" amounts to me is like standing me in front of a mountian and saying climb ! I've been on fit day but I find I have to generalize a lot because I may not eat a 1/4 c. of
melon but did eat 2 small pieces. It just stress' me JO!!!! Work with me here
Its TOM and no bloat, no gain, no pain If that dosen't keep me doing this WOL nothing will
Did a lot of printing from Go site so I have more than I did before.
Since I only BASICALLY follow it, I think I have all I need.
What is Mil
greentea
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-02, 10:34

BF:
Default Hey you...

It would be helpful to me to see WHAT you eat, even though quantities might not be accurate. Also, do you exercise?
Unfortunately I have a sit on your arse all day job. That's part of my problem. I'm sure that has contributed to my metabolic problems, I was working MANY hours at the same time I was trying to do low-fat/high-carb. I felt AWFUL. But when I do have energy, I am active, so that's part of my key.

Hope your weather in Ohio is as great as mine here in Michigan! Should be!

Happy holiday!

Amy
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Sep-01-02, 11:02

Default LOL

OKAY!!!! Janeydi....lol
I'll journal...but... where are we going to journal???
Here or fitday or are u doing both
I don't want to do BOTH Have SOME sympathy
I think Locajo is on fitday....where is that girl anyway
I don't exercise... I used to go to the gym 5 nights a week,
lost lots of inches but little weight. I knew the day would come
that I could no longer keep a gym schedule like that and that
all these (lost) inches (really just built up muscle) would find their way back home and alas the time did come and they found their
way back home. So now the goal is the pounds...inches will take care of themselves
greentea
OH, weather is fantastic going to be all week ........enjoy your dayoff!

Last edited by greentea : Sun, Sep-01-02 at 11:10.