Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 00:23

Plan: carb counting
Stats: 150/130/120
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default HELP: do you have this symptom??????

Wow this place is crazy! I thought i was alone in the world with these bizarre problems!!
Since i don't really know my way around here yet (and thus cant find all the info i need) i thought id say a hello and ask a few questions that youve probably all answered a billion times.
Be patient with me; im a newbie and im SCARED!
Ok. Firstly: What is the "spit test" and how do i do it?
It was only assumed i have candida, i was never actually tested.
All i know is thati have certain symtoms which are all exacerbated by the consumption of ang sugar or yeast; whether it be alcohol, fruit, lots of carbs, white bread or cheese.
Apart from a myriad of digestive problems (IBS, wind-how lovely- , food intolerances etc) and foggy often tired demeanour my main problem is a white-ish coating that covers my tongue after eating the offending foods or drinking alcohol/etc. I wake up in the morning which this white discharge in my mouth, and it gets worse the more sugar i eat.
DOES anyone else suffer from this?????

I would happliy put up with the digestive problems if i could getrid of this embarassing symptom-----i am reluctant to be intimate with men because i find it so unpleasant. It doesn't taste or smell at all, just makes my tongue a little dry and WHITE!!! YUK!!

I notice Lots of people with this--- please tell me it is linked to candida and that with dieting and candida killing supplements it will be eliminated

I have been on the diet for 5 days now and it is killing me! mainly just the carb reduction--(im a bread fiend!) anyone with tips etc would be incredibly helpful.

thanks all,
lotsa love and luck
maz.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 12:38

Plan: Candida Control
Stats: 263/249/135
BF:
Progress: 11%
Smile

Hi Maz!

I also get the "white tongue" when I overdo it. I've been taking ThreeLac for nearly 3 weeks now, and the white has steadily been going away...now it's just the very far back of my tongue.

I didn't know about the spit test until I read it online. From what I understand, you spit into a clear glass of water first thing in the morning, before you eat, drink, or brush your teeth. If your saliva starts sending little runners down to the bottom, you have a candida problem. If, after one hour, no little runners have formed, your candida is under control.

I took the test before I started taking the ThreeLac, and within 10 seconds there were 3 or 4 runners - yuck! I took it again after two weeks, and I had no runners at all. I'm not sure how accurate this test is - I find it hard to believe that after just 2 weeks, the Candida was gone....but I don't know much about this yet either.

I, too, was a bread fiend (not to mention a sugar junkie)! It took me many tries over the past three years to get to the point where I could go breadless for days at a time...but I am there now. The cravings for sugar and bread have passed, and I now look forward to grilled chicken or broiled fish just as much as I used to look forward to sandwiches! Hang in there; you can do it! Just dig your heels in and know you are doing this for your health and quality of life.

Good luck to you,
Bye-bye Candida!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 10:11

Plan: Atkins Now/ Candidias Control 2003
Stats: 210/203/140
BF:47%
Progress: 10%

The white gunky coating is called " Thrush" which is in fact a yeast infection in your mouth. I get it too, when I eat the offending foods.

Get a really good mouth wash,(Sugar free!) and rinse before bed and first thing in the morning.

I also take an acidophilus capsule, break it open and sprinkle it in my mouth and let it melt. I do that once a day. I also take ascidophilus three capsules three times a day, to keep the candidisis under control.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 07:10

BF:

thankyou soooo much for replying guys, it means so much to know that there are ppl out there going thru the same problems as you, even if they do appear as insignificant as a coated mouth!!- your comments are reassuring.

I find these symptoms, dry, coated mouth, foggy head, to be the most inhibiting, im young, go out alot etc, but now i find it impossible to be intimate with pll after ive had a drink, or eaten..well anything!!-
THanks for your support anyway; im self diagnosed and thus i always doubt myself, but the docs dismissed me and candida has no credibility around here (my doc described it as the "fashionable illness") so its great to have some ppl to discuss it with.

Ive been on formuls sf722 for exactly a week now, in addition to dieting (no sugar/friut/dairy/yeast/wheat) all im eating is vegies, meat, some nuts/seeds, organic, yeast-free rye bread (tho way too much of it!) rice crackers, V8 juice and water. And yet im still worrying that all these carbs (ryebread esp) are getting up my sugar count. Am i being too fastidious??
Today i feel guilty becasue i ate lots of hommus while i was out (which contains a tinsy bit of lemon juice!!!) Man i cant wait till this is all over!!

What's ThreeLac?? similar to SF722?

Oh and thanks- i did the spit test and i got threads alright- plus white foamy liquid (id just woken up.) DELIGHTFUL.

love mazzy
xox
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 07:16

BF:

ok dont bother replying to "what is threelac?" i just read the thread-- duh!
-maz