Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 13:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 180/173/145
BF:
Progress: 20%
Wink Rhubarb pie with vanilla ice cream...MMMMM!

My husband got a new job after one YEAR of being unemployed in Honolulu. (I point out that it's Honolulu, because there is a major price for living in paradise...VERY high cost of living!) So, we invited our best friend over, and made a wonderful lobster dinner.

My planned cheat was to have a couple of glasses of champagne. Our dear friend showed up with a rhubarb pie with ice cream for dessert!! So, we all had a big old piece of pie with some yummy ice cream, and a glass of bubbly.

Sugar overload, but she was saying "I love you, and congratulations!" with that pie she baked for him. I thought I'd feel really guilty about eating it. But I enjoyed every bite, knowing it would be my last for a very very long time.

Got up this morning, drank tons of water, and put a crustless quiche in the oven. The rest of the rhubarb pie, still sitting in the fridge, is going to win major brownie points for me when I give it to my landlord, who is coming over to fix the shower! Shhh...don't tell him I'm low carbing!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-02, 08:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/205/165
BF:
Progress: 27%

Thanks for fessing up....I did the same thing yesterday!!!

My best friend had me over for dinner because my hubby is away...also she was trying to cheer me up because I'm in the throes of trying to conceive (fertility drugs and everything) and I was feeling down.

She made steak & salad, which was fine, but she also offered up my FAVOURITE - blueberry cheesecake. I had a very small slice, but nonetheless, i had it. It was really, really good. Scared the crap out of me because I enjoyed it so much.

This might be harder than I thought?

You're back on track today, as am I, and that's the main thing.

Congrats on your hubby's job!!! My sister lives in Hawaii (Kailua) and I know very well the high cost of living.

Hang in there!!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-02, 12:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 180/173/145
BF:
Progress: 20%
Talking Thanks!

Glad you're back on track too! It wasn't so tough going to dinner last night and having an amazing chicken salad with cheddar and sour cream!

Wow, your sister lives in Kailua, huh? That's only a hop skip and jump across the Pali from us. We live in Manoa Valley. Love it here...but there's so much RICE! Everything is served with one or two scoops of rice. They even serve rice as part of a breakfast plate...eggs, bacon, "you want rice with that?"!!

Mahalo Nui Loa!