Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 18:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/139/120
BF:36%/29%/18%
Progress: 60%
Talking I asked God a question about my breasts...

So I asked him - why does the breast fat always have to be the first to go ? I was a healthy C cup when I started LC. Now, after only 7 weeks, I am barely there, lucky to be a B cup. Now, why does the breast fat have to be the first to go ? Could some one please tell the weightloss Gods to take the fat from my hips and thighs FIRST ? There is plenty there and I certainly won't miss it. Now that my breasts are well back on their way to a pre-pubescent pucker, I am worried that I will look like a boy by the time I reach goal . A boy with 33 A breasts, a 27 inch waist, and 44 inch hips .
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 20:05
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

That old survival of species thing I think. Baby and reproductive organs need that nice warm tummy fat, but they can get milk from the smallest breasts Hehe, it's a fun theory at least.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 20:17
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/147/140 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:unknown
Progress: 75%

A boy with 33 A breasts, a 27 inch waist, and 44 inch hips .

that picture in my head just cracked me up....
so you don't feel singled out, let it be known that i too am reverting back to my boobless days, the closer i reach my goal (which is what i weighed for 20 years).
so i guess you could say that "it was fun while it lasted", but i think i'll take miniscule breasts over a tubby ~$$.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 20:24
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Don't worry Thin, the Fat god will rearrange things for you.

There's some good information for you in this former thread, How Fat Moves About.

Cheers.

Rosebud
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 20:58
Registered Member

Stats: 194/140/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 84%

I had to laugh about this. The other night when I was eating out with my DH I mentioned to him that my bra size had gone down to a 36B. He immediately looked around and said "Bring this woman some mashed potatoes!". I thought I'd crack up right there!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 21:20
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
There's some good information for you in this former thread, How Fat Moves About.

That may be true most of the time, but then kids happen. Last time I lost weight I really did good at sculpting my thighs. While larger they still aren't as bad as the huge baby tummy and the "maternal food stores" located in my rear. I know my waist is losing because of measurments, but it seems my rear and thighs are going first.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 21:46

Stats: 210/150/145 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 92%

wish mine would shrink
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 01:13

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

If you do some upper body exercise you could build up your pectoral muscles under your breasts. This would make them appear to be bigger and more prominent.

Men don't really like huge breasts - we like pretty faces.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 01:27

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

*sigh* I wish mine would shrink faster, I've lost 12cm off the bust but nothing in the cup size, everything from the actual mileage around the boobline!!!

... mind you for some reason (known only to the weightloss Gods I am sure :rolleyes I have dropped a shoe size and had to take in my watch cause my wrist and feet have decreased - go figure!!!

Fiona
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 03:30

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Although my "fullness" went away I did not really go down much in bra size after 42lb loss although I fit nicely in a 38C. I think the most important thing is to wear a good supportive bra especially when you are exercising so that gravity doesnt "pull you down". It amazes me how women don't realize this (as I take a look over the ladies working out at CURVES).
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 05:23

Plan: CAD (Basically)
Stats: 175/154.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:lot/less/little
Progress: 59%
Default The grass is always greener...

This thread is a hoot!

My boobs NEVER go away, as much as I'd love them to decrease a bit. I've worked hard since adolesence to cover them up and hide them, as they've always been a source of embarasement to me. Way too much up top!

Many types of exercise (running, hi-impact aerobics) are absolutely out for me as I bounce around like a rubber ball and it's downright painful.

Count your blessings. We all have our burdens to bear. Yours are just smaller than mine and while you envy me, I envy you!
Ironic, eh?

Jeannie
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 06:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/130
BF:
Progress: 57%

JeannieF - there is hope for you, you can find a bra that is supportive enough that you can do high impact exercise. It looks like some weird dominatrix affair, with hooks cinching you in, but it's not uncomfortable and you DO NOT MOVE! I started running last week but held off on investing in one of these constructions until I was sure I wouldn't develop shin splints, but now I'm ready to buy one. I'll post the brand when I get it.

Remember, you can always find a bra that augments your boobs, but there's really nothing that makes them look smaller without ruining your silhouette. The last time I wore size 8, I was a 36C, which was nice and curvy. Now I'm 36DD and it looks a little grotesque. I doubt I'll ever be able to wear anything low cut and anything that's not fitted makes me look chubby. There are always tradeoffs.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 07:37

Plan: CAD (Basically)
Stats: 175/154.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:lot/less/little
Progress: 59%

That sounds great! I'd really like to know the brand name when you get it.

I too am a DD and the last time I lost lots of weight a good friend of mine said, "Don't you think you're ever going to lose those boobs?" (She doesn't have much upstairs.) No, they don't go away. I just look silly -- but certainly better than when I'm fat!

I look forward to the info.

Jeannie
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 08:02
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Demer- LOL! Were the potatoes for you to eat or put in your bra?
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 13:49
Registered Member

Stats: 157/142/130
BF:
Progress: 56%

Dear Thin,

I can sympathize! I used to have a small, but nice & perky C cup. After I lost 40 pounds (this was about two years ago when I did WW, since then I put almost all 40 back on, anyway, that's a whole different story) C cup disappeared metamorphosed into a teeny, tiny A CUP!! I weighed 123 pounds, I was BARELY a Victoria's Secret A CUP! I CRIED when I went to the store & was measured for a bra and found out that I should REALLY be wearing training bras! I mean for goodness sake, I was an A CUP with 40 inch hips!!! So, what did I do???? I got a boob job!!! Hee, hee! So, now my problem is solved!!! Through thick and through thin, my boobs will be with me until the end!!!