Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-00, 17:02
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi everybody,

I ventured into the new Loblaws monolith, which just opened at a local mall. Apart from the fact that I don't do crowds, I did discover the health food & supplement section carries a reasonable selection of products, including whey and soy protein powders from several manufacturers, as well as organic dairy and eggs. They had 454 gm canisters of the Protein Power mix in Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla for $26.99, just as Lois found it to be in Toronto, so that's probably a set price across the country. The carb count per serving is 2-3, with ~12 -16 servings per can (may depend on flavour??).

I have been buying Interactive Whey protein shake mix found at the Nutrition House/Nutrition Company. It's $41.99 for a 910 gm canister (twice as much product as PP) and only 2 carb gms and 34 gm protein per 2 scoop serving. It comes in vanilla, dutch chocolate, wildberry, banana, orange-sicle, as well as plain and other flavours too. It is available in smaller sizes and also in a huge 2 KG pail for - oops, I'm not sure the exact price, $75.00 or thereabouts. It's sweetened with sucralose (Splenda) rather than acesulfame K (potassium) as many of the others are. It mixes readily with liquid, unlike the soy shakes which are blechhhy . ... lumpy, icky, pasty, gritty, did I say blechh??

But, the biggest thing is . . . IT'S **CANADIAN** .. . .manufactured by Interactive Nutrition Inc. Ottawa ONT K1V 8B9
http://www.interactivenutrition.com/

Nutrition House is also Canadian.
The national website is
http://www.nutritionhouse.com/default.htm
where you can look up the location of all 68 stores across Canada (they even have a map-locator so they're easy to find)

happy lowcarbing!!
from Doreen,
in Ontario

[Edited by doreen T on 03-11-00 at 22:24]
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 16:46

Plan: general
Stats: 131/124/105 Female 63 inches
BF:23%/22%/18%
Progress: 27%

That's cool, that may be what I need... I've been looking around for a low carb liquid diet/supplement or whatever you want to call it, because i don't like any of the things I would need to eat to do the low carb diet. I can handle only drinking one of those gross shakes a few times a day, because at least it's fast...lol... and stops the hunger and cravings, while still keeping carbs low.