Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-02, 12:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/165/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question induction phase-Should I continue to take my xenadrine

This is my first day of induction. I feel kind of weird. I am getting these headaches. I took a multivatamin, K+ supplement and a CA+ supplement. My question is, should I continue to take my xenadrine or will I feel lousy?

I really feel guilty on this diet because for b-fast I ate a 3 egg, 3 bacon, mushroom and onion w/ cheese omlete (loaded w/ fat). I really want to take my xenadrine because in my mind, I can speed up the weight loss. Help
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-02, 14:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236.5/210/165
BF:
Progress: 37%

What type of drug is Xenadrine?

Daisy
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-02, 14:59

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Don't feel guilty! Eat the eggs, bacon, all that good stuff! Watch the onions though (high in carbs), I use scallions instead. Everyone here will tell you that fat doesn't make you fat, carbs do, it just takes awhile to get used to eating all the high fat things you were told were bad for you . Sorry, I don't know anything about Xenadrine, (I clicked the thread to find out about it) what is it a fat burner?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-02, 15:54

Plan: CKD
Stats: 162/?/? Female 5'6
BF:16
Progress: 0%
Default Xenadrine/Fat

Xenadrine contains caffeine and Dr. Atkins does not recommend caffeine on induction. See if you can go without it. If you're really craving it and having headaches, just have half a dose and try to ween yourself off of it at least during induction.
Caffeine may cause carb cravings. I used to use Hydroxycut and found that I no longer need it for energy. Your energy will probably be low the first couple of days, but it will get better. You should soon have more energy than you did before.
Don't be afraid of fat. Fat is good as long as it's not eaten with sugars or starchy carbs.
Good luck, do you like the meals so far?
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 12:55

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

I think that the only way that you are going to be able to tell if Low Carbing works for you is if you just do LC. Give your body a chance to adjust to all of the changes. You really don't need to add in a pharmaceutical to the mix.

JMHO
Marlaine

P.S. LC is not a fast fix. It's a way of eating that needs to become a lifestyle if you are going to keep the weight off.