Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 10:38
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 125/125/101 Female 152cm
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Not Losing... Pls Help...

Hi, i juz started on the Atkins diet and haf been in induction for 5 days already. I weigh 114 pounds and after the first day, I lost 1 pound and have not lose anything after that. I don't know if im doing or eating anything wrong.

Can someone pls look at my fitday.com entries for these 5 days and offer me some advise... wld really appreciate it.. thanx!

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...ml?Owner=BabyJJ
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 12:38
Registered Member

Plan: Eclectic mix with Neander emphasis
Stats: 211/211/135
BF:
Default Some thoughts......

First, the less you have to lose, the harder it is.

Are you drinking lots of water?

Do you exercise?

5 days is not very long. Weighing yourself everyday is misleading and often crazy-making. Weight fluctates by pounds daily.

How tall are you? How realistic is your weight loss plan?

Your food looks good, but I would consider increasing veggies (LC of course).
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 12:58

Stats: 210+/188/140 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 89%

What HS said ! But I wanted to add that you shouldn't be worrying too much if the scale hasn't moved for 4 days or whatnot. I'd weigh in once a week if you are the type to worry and are scale obsessed. After a week if you have lost 1 pound, thats still 1 pound. After 2 weeks if you still have lost 1 pound, again, no worries. You don't have that much to lose so it will probably go much slower for you than others have posted. But good luck, try not to worry about it. You will get there. If you follow this WOL correctly this is not a temporary diet, it's meant as a lifestyle change, so you have the rest of your life really to meet that goal. (Not like it will take that long hehe) But really people that hurry and get frustrated on this WOL are more opt to cheat or dump the diet. Good luck though. Take care. Congrats on the pound!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 16:37

Stats: 159/145/135
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hello BabyJJ!

Exactly what the others said. Drink more water, exercise, and eat more veggies (not trying to sound like your mom here )

You don't have much to lose at all, so that 1 lb is a lot for you. Also, are you sure that you haven't lost any inches, or does your clothes fit better? Sometimes the scale lies, and always sticking to it is annoying and frusterating!!

Good luck, and stay with it!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-02, 11:00
Pending Member

Stats: 125/125/101 Female 152cm
BF:

Thanx for the replies n advice... At least i noe that the food im taking is ok coz i dun wan to do the diet for weeks then find out that i've been doing something wrong all these weeks...

Will perservere... all the best to everyone trying this WOL..
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 13:11

Plan: MyLCWOL
Stats: 485/366/210 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

BabJJ,

If you have not done so start a journal. In the Journal list out the foods you are eating each day in exact amount. You will have to begin counting calories if you want to be sucessful. Also, are you on an exercise routine, if so what are you doing, how often, how much? How much water are you drinking ? These are just a few things to look at.

Best of Luck,
Lux
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 13:33

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi BabyJJ
Welcome! Im in total agreement with what all the fine people said! 5 days is WAY too early to see weight loss on someone who only has about 10 lbs to lose. Just be patient! One other thing to do is to measure yourself. That way once every month, you can take measurements and then see your progress, even if the scale doesnt move.

I say--THROW out your scale. People obsess so badly over the scale and its just numbers. I weigh once a month just to keep track of progress-other than that as long as my clothese keep fitting better and getting bigger, Im fine.

Try and think of this as a lifestyle change and not a "diet"

Good luck!
Vicki