Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 08:52

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Thumbs up Anyone using E-Diets w/Atkins?

Anyone subscribe to E-Diets (Atkins Plan) to help you? I joined today in hopes that the support and fitness program will help me lose those last 16 lbs...kinda a motivator.

I'd love to hear your comments.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 09:53

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

I was a member of e-Diets when they had the "starve-you-to-death with low fat high carb" philosophy as their only choice. I found that after a few weeks of exploring their menus and recipies that everything was redundant. Why did I have to pay $10 a month for what I could do for free myself? Plus, I never could stick to their diet - I was too hungry all the time.

I'm a picky eater and always had to substitute for what their menu had planned for me, so I really didn't use their meal planning service or shopping list (anyway, it would include things like "1/4 cup of whole wheat flour" on the list - and I've never been able to buy just 1/4 cup!). And I didn't use their fitness, since I belong to a gym and use their resident trainer to get workout advice. And I never posted on their message boards because no one ever seemed to read them and reply when I did post. There wasn't nearly the activity there that there is on here. So after six months or so of shelling out money I discontinued my account (and took myself off their mailing list so I wouldn't get constant "we miss you" email).

But since they have now adopted WW and Atkins, maybe they are a little better. And if you actually use all they offer, (the meal plans, shopping lists, exercises, etc.) I guess it could be worth it. It might be worth trying their introductory reduced cost package just to see if you would utilize what it costs. And then re-up or quit after the three month trial as you desire.

Keep us posted!

Joan
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 19:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 279/279/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

i tried ediets atkins plan for a couple of weeks -- their menu and shopping list (even with my substitutions) made my grocery bill double and i was not getting enough calories.