Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 06:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 274/267/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Back to square one again.

Had some potato chips last night - I knew it was too good to last. Last night was a very tough night. Had to work late, went straight to curriculum night for my son, luckily they had some cheeses and bottled water to drink, then I went to my daughter's curriculum night. Didn't get home until after 9:00 PM. I was exhausted, stressed out, screwed up big time. So back to square one again. Sorry I'm so inconsistent.

Gail
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 07:12

Plan: My Own
Stats: 191/166/155 Female 5'4"
BF:32%/25%/25%
Progress: 69%

life is stressful and there are times when you need to cut yourself some slack. but if you are serious about atkins you need to do a clean induction for 2 weeks to get rid of the cravings. otherwise it is going to be difficult to stick with it. also most people get their best results the first time they do atkins. going on and off can lose you the opportunity to see a nice initial loss-usually 10% of the amount you need to lose in that first 2 weeks.

three thoughts that might be helpful. one--be prepared. plan meals and snacks and have on-plan foods always easily available. carry a small thermal bag with you everywhere with cold meat, cheese, raw veggies. look for snack and other food ideas in the recipe section.

two--clean out your house of off-plan food. with children this may not be possible but designate a cabinet for their carbs and make it off limits for you. buy them stuff they like and you don't. don't buy them so much carby food. really they don't need it.

three--if you do cave and eat off-plan go for healthy carbs like fruit, nuts, more dairy, and whole grains--not junk. if you must have junk--at least eat lc junk.

this plan really works. i am 57, started lc on 5/27/2003 and am in control of my eating for the first time in my life. that control is actually more important than the weight loss.

you can do this. we are here for you. today is a new day. dust yourself off and start over.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 08:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 263/228/170 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hey Gail,

Sorry that you had a rough night. I didn't do so great last night either. I was feeling so sick from withdrawal (axiousness, heart palps, nausea) that I caved in and overindulged on my favorite LC snack, pistachios. So, instead of getting my requisite 20 g. of carbs, I got about 61. I am so glad that I did not gain that I'm continuing full speed ahead. I just know that once I get into ketosis, the stress eating will not be as much of a factor.

We can do this, Gail. We deserve to be fit and healthy!!! I honestly think that the key is planning and making sure you have what you need on hand. I also just started logging my food on Fit Day, so it really keeps me honest. Maybe that's something that would work for you, too! www.fitday.com.

Keep on posting, Gail. We can get through the tough part with help and then it will be much smoother sailing.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 08:24
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Potato chips are hard. That is the one thing that still taste as good as I remember. And ofcourse there is no eating just one, is there? But these things happen. All you can do is learn if possible from you laspes. I have learned once I let one chip pass my lips handfuls will follow.

No use killing yourself over it, it happened. Time to move on and get back into gear.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 12:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/216/142 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

We all have stress in our lives that is sometimes hard to deal with. I've learned to have good snacks very handy and right out in the open so they are easier to get to. I try and hide the kids snacks in the back of the cupboard (this is good for them too so they don't eat as much). Another thing you may want to try, and it's easy, is when you are feeling overwhelmed take a few minutes to sit and relax. Create a safe place where you can go and just sit and close your eyes and breath. This helps me. I go in my room and the kids know that when the door is closed that I'm off limits (other than an emergency) for a few minutes. It only takes 5 minutes. Hang in there..you can do this.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 12:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 208/179/170 Male 67 inches
BF:a whole bunch
Progress: 76%

pick yourself up and start over, for real this time,

get yourslef through induction and then look forward, im in OWL 2 weeks now and love adding new foods to the list, im looking forward to more and more carbs,

keep your eyes on the prize, cause it may be the best prize of your life